All Discussions Tagged 'energy' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

On the Freaknomics Radio podcast last week (freaknomics.org) they interview Arik Levinson about his recent article "How Much Energy Do Buil…

Started by Tom Barrett

39 Apr 8
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

1 Mar 8
Reply by Crosbey Archery

Our Changing Business Model

How should we adjust our businesses in the face of these falling energy prices? Payback, SIR, and overall financial justifications for our…

Started by Bud Poll

4 Jan 2
Reply by Theodore Redler

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc. Dr. Energy Saver is the nation’s largest and fas…

Started by Casey Gesell

0 Oct 14, 2014

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc. Dr. Energy Saver is the nation’s largest and fas…

Started by Casey Gesell

0 Oct 1, 2014

New Approach to Driving Demand for Energy Upgrades: Educating Real Estate Professionals

As a partner of the Home Energy Score program (http://energy.gov/eere/buildings/home-energy-score-partners#Colorado), we've been working on…

Started by Benjamin Gromicko

1 Sep 5, 2014
Reply by George Kopf

Energy Savings Guarantees

Andy Frank of Sealed has a nice series of posts going on home energy guarantees. The concept first captured when I saw Perry Bigelow start…

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Feb 25, 2014

Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

Hi everyone,     A couple of my colleagues were discussing the benefits of air sealing, when I was asked if I could quantify the actual va…

Started by Luis Hernandez

23 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Selling your energy consumption back to the grid

Hi Everyone, I've been working on a product called Ohmconnect, which allows you to sell your electricity consumption back to the grid witho…

Started by Curtis Tongue

4 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Dan Buell

Cooling His Room With a Big Refrigerator - What is Wrong with That?

It was very hot this July 4th for Peter when his room AC broke down.  Nothing taste better than a cold beer from the refrigerator.  …

Started by Perry Ning

5 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Rick Karg replied to Carly@AirCycler's discussion The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery
"As a member of the ASHRAE 62.2 committee (and president of Residential Energy Dynamics, the author…"
19 hours ago
Bradford E. White replied to Elizabeth Guinn's discussion ERV in need of backflow preventer.
"I would use an in-line backdraft damper such as Artis Industries or the ones made by Fantech and…"
yesterday
Kim Tanner posted a video

Wireless Air Leakage Testing

This webinar will discuss the use of WiFi technology to conduct and document blower door and duct leakage tests for compliance with local energy codes. The s...
yesterday
Profile IconPerry Grossman, Daniel Pate and Ottawa Furnace Filters joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Kirsten Richnavsky added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
yesterday
Kirsten Richnavsky posted a discussion

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
yesterday
Kim Tanner posted events
yesterday
Ottawa Furnace Filters posted a blog post

Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters

There is not much we can do about the air pollution outside of a house in Ottawa, Canada, but we…See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service