All Discussions Tagged 'Energy' (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

On the Freaknomics Radio podcast last week (freaknomics.org) they interview Arik Levinson about his recent article "How Much Energy Do Buil…

Started by Tom Barrett

23 Feb 21
Reply by Dennis Heidner

BPI Energy Auditors Carry the Banner for Dominion East Ohio's Highly Successful Energy Efficiency Program

GoodCents energy auditors, certified by the Building Performance Institute, are the gatekeepers to an incredibly successful Home Performanc…

Started by Mike Kandel

8 Jan 15
Reply by Nate Adams

MI's First GreenStar Certified New Home nears 0 energy

During the time when Marsha & John Reeves were in the market for a new home after deciding to move from the Ann Arbor region, they hap…

Started by Brett Little

0 Dec 23, 2014

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Published as ANSI Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-1100-T-2014: Home Energy Auditing Standard has been published…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Dec 22, 2014

Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems

It's a fact! Unhealthy homes increase the severity of asthma, allergies, and other health issues. BPI CEO Larry Zarker sheds some light…

Started by Mike Kandel

22 Jul 28, 2014
Reply by Richard Beyer

AI Res. Green and Energy Efficient Addendum

The Appraisal Institute made the AI Residential Green and Energy Efficient Addendum fillable.  Check out the new version that makes it easy…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

0 Mar 29, 2014

HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

Is anyone aware of HERS tracking 5 years or more after new construction?  I am looking for a study that may provide how valid the HERS rati…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

18 Mar 27, 2014
Reply by Brett Little

Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

I'll soon be working on converting a second floor of a residential building that was never finished and is being used as an attic for the…

Started by scottscontracting

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

Consumer Reports recommends BPI credentialed contractors!

In their latest issue, which hits newsstands this October, Consumer Reports unequivocally recommends BPI certified contractors as the profe…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 10, 2013

Adding Value for Energy Efficient Features During the Appraisal Process

Recently, I was asked to manage another realtors' listings and buyer clients while she went on vacation out of the country.  One of her lis…

Started by Jan Green

4 Mar 29, 2013
Reply by Jan Green

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Dennis Heidner replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"The observation about rot is important.   I agree. One of my complaints with some of the…"
yesterday
Jennifer Schenk added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Job Opening - Energy Programs Manager - Frisco, CO

Energy Programs Manager - High Country Conservation CenterJob DescriptionGeneral Description of…See More
yesterday
Jennifer Schenk joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
yesterday
Avi Yashchin posted a status
""Will Online Learning Replace the Classroom?" Read my full article on HuffPost. http://huff.to/1cNCOie"
yesterday
Profile IconTerrell, Jennifer Schenk, Amina Lang and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Patrick MacRoy commented on Melissa Ulbricht's blog post How to Optimize On-Bill Financing to Help Illinois Building Owners Invest in Energy Efficiency
"Many of these recommended improvements are included the Clean Energy Jobs bill recently introduced…"
yesterday
Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA 2015 Conference Call for Papers extended! New deadline: 3/6/15 at 5 PM CT Submission details: www.eeba.org/conference/call-for-papers"
yesterday
Casey Gesell replied to Casey Gesell's discussion Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!
"Hi Patrick, What is your time frame for relocating? Would you be interested in operating in the…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service