Steven Lewis's Discussions (39)

Discussions Replied To (17) Replies Latest Activity

"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"

Steven Lewis replied Apr 24 to Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

19 May 10
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"In my opinion you are trying to get very detailed about equipment that is designed t…"

Steven Lewis replied Dec 24, 2014 to How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

"There is a pump kit that will install under a sink or in a bathroom.  This pump will…"

Steven Lewis replied Sep 18, 2014 to Extremely long wait for hot water

4 Sep 18, 2014
Reply by Steven Lewis

"answer ! - It is a dungeon Answer 2 - it has been placed on part time work so it has…"

Steven Lewis replied Sep 18, 2014 to Let's solve this HVAC quiz!!!

5 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by Robert Cameron

"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came…"

Steven Lewis replied Aug 31, 2014 to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

14 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Graham Irwin

"For propane, you can look at the burner orfice size.  there are charts that give the…"

Steven Lewis replied Dec 3, 2013 to Combustion Furnace BTU output

9 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"There are a number of options - one manufacturer 9LG ductless) makes a square wall u…"

Steven Lewis replied Nov 22, 2013 to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

"How can you call it an American brand if it is made in Japan.  My experiance with th…"

Steven Lewis replied Sep 24, 2012 to Mini Split Heat Pumps

23 Oct 24, 2012
Reply by Tom Conlon

"You need more information before you suggest what the appropriate answer to the cust…"

Steven Lewis replied Aug 2, 2012 to Installing additional supply runs from the main trunk.

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Do the loads first, have some one do a room by room load, that will give you the tot…"

Steven Lewis replied Feb 23, 2012 to What is the best propane direct vent wall furnace available?

5 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Paul Lasicki

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJerrad Pierce, tracylee, Nevada Heating and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
18 hours ago
Shawn Weeks posted a blog post
19 hours ago
Kirsten Richnavsky's discussion was featured

New BPI Standard for Conducting Energy Audits Published as an ANSI Standard!

The Standard Practice for Basic Analysis of Buildings defines the minimum criteria and specific…See More
20 hours ago
Daniel Beauchemin's photo was featured

Residential installation of a ThermoDrain TD342B

DWHR HERS Index Score Credit Calculation ProcedureUntil such time that DWHR system calculations…
20 hours ago
Tom White's 2 videos were featured
20 hours ago
Corbett Lunsford's video was featured

New Home FAIL: Infrared Secrets Revealed

Building forensics guru Corbett Lunsford can show you what's behind the walls of any house- or are you afraid to find out? Don't be! It's all generally fixab...
20 hours ago
Jose Macho's blog post was featured

Why Don't Homeowners Spend Money on Energy Saving Upgrades??? Blame "Cognitive Biases"

A great transcript from a recent NPR "Morning Edition" broadcast about a recent California survey…See More
21 hours ago
Elizabeth Guinn's discussion was featured

ERV in need of backflow preventer.

I installed an ERV on my last job with the intake and exhaust utilizing 6" round hard duct.  I have…See More
21 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service