Ed Ballard's Discussions (36)

Discussions Replied To (28) Replies Latest Activity

"I may be mis-reading into the above comments, but it sounds like some of the comment…"

Ed Ballard replied Apr 13, 2012 to Wooden Plugs For 2" Insulation Holes

18 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Bob-------In my area your comment could not be further from what I see everyday. 80%…"

Ed Ballard replied Apr 7, 2012 to Fun with Neutral Pressure Planes (NPP)

87 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"I've got to agree with Pat. I'm in Cent./Southern Ohio and older homes almost all ha…"

Ed Ballard replied Apr 6, 2012 to Why is this picture important in understanding moisture in buildings?

9 May 3, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Randy-----------I'll bite----It appears this is an older home from the siding. The c…"

Ed Ballard replied Apr 4, 2012 to Why is this picture important in understanding moisture in buildings?

9 May 3, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"As Bud says----------how about it Diane"

Ed Ballard replied Mar 21, 2012 to Looking for PHIL JEFFERS

10 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

"David-------------My concern is that Phil has been erased from this site for his opi…"

Ed Ballard replied Mar 20, 2012 to Looking for PHIL JEFFERS

10 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

"Bob---------------This sounds like a multiple choice test where # 5 ( all of the abo…"

Ed Ballard replied Jan 15, 2012 to Favorite way to seal electrical boxes/outlets?

5 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tad Duby

"What the hell is that????????? Great web site***********I'm signing up"

Ed Ballard replied Jan 10, 2012 to Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

6 Jan 12, 2012
Reply by Anthony Hyde

"Timothy---------I agree with you and Bruce. the adhesive will fail. We have done sim…"

Ed Ballard replied Jan 4, 2012 to Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house

3 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Ed Ballard

"Chris-----DIY may have some challenges. You will need to find a blower that has air…"

Ed Ballard replied Jan 3, 2012 to Can blown loose insulation be used in cantilever floor?

8 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Allan G Hurst

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Richard Vito joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
5 hours ago
Richard Vito joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
5 hours ago
Richard Vito joined Allison A. Bailes III's group
Thumbnail

HVAC

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
5 hours ago
Richard Vito joined Kyle Brown's group
Thumbnail

Wrightsoft - Manual J / Manual D

If you use Wrightsoft to calculate loads or design ducts, you likely have questions.  Get answers…See More
5 hours ago
Richard Vito joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
5 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"I had a revelation while attending Bruce Manclark's session of duct leak testing at the Energy…"
20 hours ago
George J. Nesbitt commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Blower Door; the 2007 test was a depressurization test, and the 2014 a pressurization test, which…"
20 hours ago
George J. Nesbitt replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Plan, plan, plan, plan. The 1st step to is to understand the house, how it's built, the…"
20 hours ago
George J. Nesbitt posted an event

High Performance Windows - A Panel of Experts at Pyramid Alehouse`

April 26, 2014 from 3pm to 5pm
Join a lively panel discussion on high performance windows. We'll cover some basics, as well as…See More
21 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi David, Thanks for pointing out Martin Holiday's article. I do not wish to engage in the…"
22 hours ago
Profile IconAdam Penberthy, Scot Davidson and j jarvella joined Home Energy Pros
22 hours ago
David Eakin replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"More food for thought on this subject - read this (fairly) recent blog by one of the most respected…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service