Bob Blanchette's Discussions (500)

Discussions Replied To (415) Replies Latest Activity

"If you are going to stay with gas service, might as well keep the gas water heater.…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 1 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1
Reply by tedkidd

"Look at your SUMMER gas bill where water heating accounts for most of your gas use.…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 1 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1
Reply by tedkidd

"The marathon fails miserably in operating costs when compared to an ordinary gas wat…"

84 Aug 1
Reply by tedkidd

"Keeping HVAC equipment out of attics should be part of the new code. "

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 3 to Crawl spaces and attics: OSHA to implement new rule on confined spaces

4 Jul 9
Reply by John Nicholas

"Ventilators must be a northern thing. Never see them in Oklahoma."

Bob Blanchette replied May 14 to The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery

6 May 22
Reply by Rick Karg

"Why is B vent OK for standard tank water heaters but not the Marey? 80% and natural…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 16 to Marey Tankless Water Heaters

4 Apr 16
Reply by Alvin J

"Some power companies are going to this business model, especially for large commerci…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 21 to How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

39 Apr 8
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"The bigger problem is taxpayers/government provides heavy subsidies to keep utility…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16 to How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

39 Apr 8
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"That hail was much larger than 1". 3-4" is more like it. You see the size if the hol…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 19 to Solar objection and response sharing

17 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"The biggest issue is rental houses don't get fixed. When they do landlords are looki…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 19 to Utility death spiral = higher taxes? Perhaps...

9 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Eric Kjelshus replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Those 240 Volt aquastats shut off and then on kinda quick back on.  The older the tank the…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconMike Norvell Sr and Jen Loomis joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Well I'd love to tell you folks I found an answer, but I did not... I went to my…"
10 hours ago
Rod Fox replied to Kevin Eigel's discussion What is the best energy auditing software?
"I've been trying to answer this question for many years and have not yet found an answer.…"
10 hours ago
Jerry Lawrence posted events
11 hours ago
Jan Green commented on Theresa L Gilbride's blog post Find out who's building some of the best-performing homes in the country today with DOE’s Tour of Zero
"Thank you for sharing! "
12 hours ago
Jan Green commented on Theresa L Gilbride's blog post Find out who's building some of the best-performing homes in the country today with DOE’s Tour of Zero
"We have one builder in Arizona on the DOE list.  Good information for a blog!"
12 hours ago
Beverly Lerch posted a photo

FIREPLACE FASHION COVER

A Fireplace Fashion Cover will insulate and isolate your fireplace against drafts and heat loss…
12 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service