1. Not many will listen to him, as 50% of the US population are right-wing registered republicans(me too sorta, but a moderate!)
2. China can't be persuaded in any way shape or form to change their prodigious rate of economic growth & CO2 production. btw, we owe, we owe them! we are a debtor nation, to the enemy!
3. If you control coal-fired plants here, the coal interests will simply sell more U.S. coal to export!
4. We're past the global CO2 & climate warming tipping point anyway, & can't go back!
5. We won't sign a global accord. Neither will china, russia, india, etc.
6. If you increase the cost of heavy trucking, some logistics will move to rail, but you can only change the heavy trucking fleet so fast!
7. He couldn't get anything passed when he controlled both houses. The republicans are delighted that he has declared a war on coal that he can't win(my measly email to my congressman that it would be cool to have CO2 controlled won't be heard).
8. He doesn't have most home energy pros in his back pocket, because they are business people!
9. Electricity and fuels are at all time lows when you adjust for inflation over time. We still don't tax them heavily like europe does.
10. I can't think of any more reasons right now. As always, there is no intent on my part to stimulate a political or religious discussion, only free thought. Most of the ideas above are my own.