During the past 12 months (2011/2012) we have completed several energy efficiency and other projects in our home in Plano, Texas.
Brick Veneer, slab on grade home built in 1985.
Living 1938 sq. ft.
Under Roof 2560 sq. ft.
Home faces Southeast. All rooms have ceilings above 8' with ceiling treatments (vaulted, boxed, splayed,). Home built with 24 contractor-grade windows mostly 3-0x6-0. Home has a central air - Trane 4-ton HVAC. Electric A/C. Natural Gas Heat. Roof pitch 10/12.
2011/2012 Home Improvement Projects:
1. Installation of 21 Thermal Break Aluminum Windows, Mfg: Don Young (July 2012)
2. Installation of Nest Learning Thermostat (May 2012)
3. Installation of Attic Breeze Solar Powered attic fans (Nov 2012)
4. Addition of R30 attic Insulation (Nov 2012)
5. Replacement of all attic A/C duct (Nov 2012)
6. Radiant Barrier Foil added (Nov 2012)
7. New Roof (composition shingle replacement from hail storm) (Nov 2012)
8. Installation of Pella sliding patio door (Nov 2012)
9. Replacement of CLF/Incandescent lighting with LED lights (Nov 2012)
10. Legrand Adorne light switches and Dimmers (Nov 2012)
11. Back yard hardscape (removal of grass) (Spring 2012)
12. Attic Decking (storage) (May/Nov 2012)
13. Interior/Exterior painting (June 2012)
14. Master Closet remodel (May 2012)
15. Foundation Repair - addition of 17 piers (October 2011)
16. Rainbird 12-zone sprinkler timer/controller
17. Gladiator Garage Storage Project (ongoing 2011/2012)
In the following blogs I will discuss each of the above projects separately, in detail and lend my thoughts and experiences.