Multifamily Buildings Presentations at ACEEE "Summer Study" Conference - August 11-17

If you haven't plugged in to the ACEEE "Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings" -- this might be a good year to do so. Every two years, ACEEE assembles experts with a vast amount of solid, peer-reviewed energy efficiency research. The week-long conference in Monterey, California is a great geek-fest.

This is not a down and dirty, get-the-hay-down-to-the-goats deal. Most of the presenters are are in front of the EE pack. The Summer Study is where to learn about what has promise for five or ten years down the road. There are a lot of sessions this summer on LED lighting applications, impacts from smart meter deployment, and developing plug load strategies. (The buzzword is apparently "MEL" -- miscellaneous electric load." Can't be a player unless you know the jargon!) 

Specifically on MFBs, there will be sessions on DHW distribution and MFB program design. I think the ductless (mini-split) heat pump session will be oriented toward SF housing, but if you aren't boning up on this one for small/medium MFBs, you should be... There's a whole section on building operator training that I expect will be mostly about commercial buildings, but will be applicable to MFBs. There will be two informal sessions on comprehensive MFB retrofits and DOE's work in progress to support MFB weatherization. 

A week is a long time to commit. So, if you can't make the conference, they publish all the papers online after the conference. (but you'll miss all the great bull sessions.)  Go to < http://aceee.org/conferences/2012/ssb > for more info.

Views: 135

Replies to This Discussion

Don, I'm going to be at the ACEEE Summer Study giving an informal poster presentation about Home Energy Pros with Evan Mills and Tom White. Please come by and see us Thursday from 4-6pm. It will be fun to meet you in person!

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"What is the price for them together? What is the price just for the blower door set?"
15 hours ago
Alan Gindt replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Yes"
15 hours ago
Profile IconKevin Love, Shannon Kahl and Lauren McNutt joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Anna Jursik's blog post was featured
17 hours ago
Everblue posted a status
"New Energy Auditor Jobs posted on our Massachusetts Job Board! Check them out: http://www.everblue.edu/hiring/job-board/massachusetts"
18 hours ago
Everblue posted events
19 hours ago
angela hines replied to Brooke Ingram's discussion 3 full sets of testing equipment available for sale! in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi is the Minneapolis blower door set still available?"
19 hours ago
angela hines replied to David Allen's discussion Like new! Great Deal! Minneapolis Blower Door system, Duct Blaster and Flir i-7 Infrared Camera for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I am interested in the blower door and camera. Are they still available? If so i will buy. Please…"
19 hours ago
angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is this still for sale? I am interested and would want to buy."
19 hours ago
angela hines joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
19 hours ago
Anna Jursik posted a blog post
20 hours ago
Tom Mallard replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"After seeing the cost estimates by Glenn, my addition of insulation board under the siding on a…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service