If you manage a Facebook page then you've probably noticed that you can change your post settings to allow for privacy and targeting of posts (this is a fairly new feature). Has anyone tried this yet? What do you think are the pros and cons of doing this? Which targeting options would you, or have you, used? You can target your post by gender, age, relationship status, education level, location (from country down to city), language, interests and post end date (not sure what that means).

In addition to targeting you can also adjust the privacy setting for each post. It can either be public, or only view-able to certain demographics. I'm not entirely sure how this differs from targeting.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Tags: Facebook, targeting

Views: 135

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

It's news to me, so thanks! Have you had any successes with it?

I assumed that Facebook limited who sees my posts because they want $$ for their Promotion/Boost functions, so I wonder how does the targeting feature figure in with their filtering of my posts?

I haven't played with it yet. And of course they want your money and want you to boost your post. From what I've heard by other marketing professionals, the boost feature is a waste of money. I have no idea how targeting would figure in with Facebook's already weird filtering algorithm. That's why I'm asking here! I'm hoping someone else has played around with it. Our fan base isn't big enough yet to worry about it. However I could see it possibly being beneficial for larger companies with a large fan base.

Makes sense, thanks!

I have used the targeted ads feature for age, location, etc. I have had moderate success with this. Our page views have greatly gone up, likes as well. The greatest increase has been in interactions from posts with people who already liked our page, they are certainly seeing our post more, and I started with the lowest budget on only $1.00 a day. 

RSS

Discussion Forum

Facebook page targeting and privacy

Started by Kim Tanner. Last reply by Eve Dunham Aug 24, 2016. 4 Replies

How to give back to your Customers

Started by Barry NewDelman. Last reply by Barry NewDelman Jan 28, 2015. 2 Replies

How do you advertise to homeowners?

Started by Chris Gerstner. Last reply by Nexo Creativo Apr 28, 2014. 10 Replies

Residential Energy Efficiency displays

Started by daniel manriquez. Last reply by Tom Conlon Feb 13, 2014. 4 Replies

Latest Activity

Profile IconArmstrong SMith, Eric Buchalter, Liza Gonzalez and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Kim Tanner's discussion Origin of guarded blower door testing
"That same house that meet highest sealing rate in early 1980 we went back and super sealed it and…"
Thursday
Jill Cliburn posted an event
Thumbnail

National Solar Conference and NZE Decathlon at University of Colorado

October 9, 2017 at 6pm to October 12, 2017 at 7pm
Thursday
tedkidd replied to Kim Tanner's discussion Origin of guarded blower door testing
"Brendan, Eric, great stuff!"
Thursday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service