Deeper Green Consulting
Deeper Green Consulting is seeking a Weatherization Technician for our Summit County location. The Weatherization Technician will be responsible for providing weatherization improvements to make building structures more energy efficient. Improvements will include installing blown-in cellulose insulation, fiberglass insulation, air sealing, etc. The position is also responsible for completing installation work on homes including vapor barriers, drywall repairs and carpentry. The Weatherization Technician will work with other team members to efficiently and effectively complete all project duties. Technicians will be required to ensure compliance with Industry Standards and OSHA and other safety work practices while working.
A qualified Weatherization Technician will apply their technical skills and knowledge in the installation of building performance improvements.
- Installing insulation materials, air sealing, roof ventilation, etc.
- Apply insulation materials such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Installing weather-stripping materials to doors or windows to reduce energy losses.
- Installing temporary access openings to walls and floors using hand or power tools.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Installation of ventilation ductwork and fans.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment
- Other duties as required
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for energy efficiency and building performance.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow work orders and proper procedures for installation of construction materials.
- Physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying and climbing step ladders, entering attics, basements and crawlspaces, and using small tools and installation equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical concepts and program information verbally and in writing.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, dependable transportation, and the ability to travel daily to job sites.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- Must have a clean criminal background
- 1-2 years of construction or related experience with a basic knowledge of carpentry, building materials, HVAC, energy efficiency, or renewable energy.
- Working knowledge of building codes and general industry standards.
- Knowledge of residential energy audits evaluating factors such as insulation, appliances, HVAC systems, lighting and electrical systems, moisture and air quality that affect home energy use, durability, safety and comfort.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Deeper Green Consulting values team members with a desire to grow with the company. This position offers areas for advancement. Team members are encouraged to obtain industry certifications and technical training. We are the mountain region's premier green building experts and construction industry consultants.
Please send a resume and cover letter describing why you are a good fit for the position to email@example.com