Location: Bethesda, MD
Sentech is now part of SRA.
Founded in 1989, SENTECH is a clean energy and energy efficiency consulting company whose mission is to work towards a healthier, cleaner, safer, and ultimately more prosperous world by advancing a greater technical understanding and broader market adoption of clean energy and energy efficiency.
We are currently searching for a Project/Program Manager to join our team and assist us in achieving this mission.
In this position, the successful candidate will provide programmatic and technical support to SRA’s residential programs (including energy efficiency, health, and safety), staff, clients, and stakeholders. This individual will also manage and participate in field work, stakeholder interaction, and government and industry standards related activities. As part of SRA’s Sustainable Buildings Team, this position provides an opportunity to be a significant part of the solution for achieving the nation’s ongoing energy efficiency goals. The work environment is fast-paced, requires attentive responsiveness to client and stakeholder needs.
If you are looking for the chance to make a difference, and influence the development of a national residential energy efficiency program with an impact on 70-100 million homes across the country, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Manages aspects of and supports federal, state, and local government residential energy efficiency, health, and safety related programs for existing homes
- Develop out-of-the box strategies for increasing the number of home energy improvements in a region or the nation
- Collaborate with a team to design and implement client residential programs
- Analyze residential energy efficiency program goals and successes
- Write articles, success stories, case studies, web content, marketing content, reports, and guides to promote enhanced home performance
- Research and write papers on residential topics: for example, including energy efficiency, health and safety program components, quality assurance, workforce and technical standards, housing statistics, and industry best practices
- Perform market studies and analysis related to home performance related issues, including research and developing key stakeholder value propositions
- Conduct phone calls, in-field meetings, and presentations to recruit program partners into client programs
- Participate on (and sometimes lead) industry and government working committees to developing technical requirements for trade contractors and other stakeholders
- Advise on residential program websites, web-based tools, databases, and reporting mechanism interconnectivity
- Participate in trade conferences and expositions, including conducting presentations and staffing program exhibit booths
- Serve as an account manager for stakeholders to client residential programs
- Oversee staff as required to meet client and deliverable needs
- Help develop a team of residential specialists to broaden SRA’s impact on improving the performance the nation’s housing stock and related behavior of its occupants
- Perform business development activities, including assisting on or leading proposal efforts.
- 20% - 30% travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Twelve years’ relevant experience
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and Envelope or equivalent certifications
- Knowledge of residential energy efficiency industry and market issues relevant to the industry’s development and growth
- Ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment and discretion in providing management and logistical support to clients
- Ability to competently serve clients with diplomacy and respect
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to understand and comply with SRA’s philosophy, goals, objectives, applicable regulation, policies and procedures.
Please visit our website at:
and reference requisition #: 34486BR to apply