The SRA Sustainable Buildings Team is looking for a Communication or Marketing Specialist/Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Energy’s national Home Performance with ENERGY STAR and Home Energy Score programs as well as local Home Performance programs.
The SRA Sustainable Buildings Team work environment is fast-paced and requires attentive responsiveness to client and stakeholder needs. This is an opportunity to increase the energy efficiency of 70-100 million homes across the country.
The successful candidate will provide programmatic support to SRA’s residential programs. The Analyst will support management of a portfolio of sponsors. The candidate will be responsible for assisting these sponsors with their partnership with HPwES by working closely with other Home Performance teams including, but not limited to communication, sponsor and partner recruitment, program design and data collection.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- With supervision from Account Manager Director, coordinate communication strategies with program sponsors and partners across the country
- Support development of communication strategy for national residential energy efficiency program
- Manage a limited number of accounts and handle daily partnership needs
- Help develop out-of-the box strategies for increasing the number of home performance jobs across the country
- Assist in the creation of processes and procedures to assist daily functions of Home Performance program sponsors
- Create communication materials for residential energy efficiency audiences (e.g., homeowners, non-profits, weatherization and home performance trade contractors, etc.)
- Write articles, success stories, case studies, web content, marketing content, reports, and guides to promote enhanced home performance
- Create presentations and briefing materials for federal and state senior management officials on results of home performance programs
- Participate in trade conferences and expositions, including conducting presentations and staffing program exhibit booths
- Research residential energy efficiency statistics and best practices
- Analyze market-rate and low-income residential energy efficiency program goals and successes
- Manage and present on webinars for stakeholders, energy efficiency contractors, program administrators and contractors
- Research and write papers on home energy and home performance topics
- Perform market studies and analysis related to home performance related topics and issues
- Conduct phone calls, in-field meetings, and presentations to recruit program partners
- Perform business development activities, including assisting on or leading proposal efforts.
Basic Requirements - Bachelor’s degree (in communication; marketing; business administration;, or other relevant field of study preferred)
- eight to 13 years’ relevant experience
- Experience developing and implementing communication and marketing strategies on a regional, state-wide, or national basis
-Knowledge of residential energy efficiency industry and market issues relevant to the industry’s development and growth
- High level of independent judgment and discretion in providing management and logistical support to clients
- Competency in serving clients with diplomacy and respect
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Understanding of and compliance with SRA’s philosophy, goals, objectives, applicable regulation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a range of stakeholders at any level from general public to upper management including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
Desired: Degree Masters
Desired: Skills - Knowledge of federal and state government policies, contracts, grants, and programs a plus.
- Ability to serve as both an effective team-player and to be self-motivated
- Ability to be outgoing and engaging of partners and stakeholders
- Network and team building ability to facilitate cooperation among varied stakeholders
- Attention to detail, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please visit our website at:
and reference requisition # 37109BR to apply.