Refresh Homes, a BPI Affiliate - Seeking new and existing BPI Proctors (multiple locations)
What is your current hourly rate?
If you are currently BPI certified and scored at least 80% on your written exams and at least 90% on your field exams, then your high test scores qualify you to apply to become a BPI Proctor and then to join the Proctor Network™ to potentially increase your hourly rate.
BPI Proctors administer BPI Certification exams (onlines and fields) on behalf of BPI Affiliates such as Refresh Homes. We work with BPI Proctors nationwide to provide the connection to BPI and offer other services. We do this so that BPI Proctors can work as independent contractors --setting their own schedule, location, rates, etc. without being employed by a BPI Affiliate. Ideally, this would be a home-based business to minimize your travel and so your clients could use your own house for testing purposes.
Your knowledge and investment in building science can now earn you money by administering BPI Certification exams as a sideline business and for testing in-house staff (requires BPI approval).
Two Tests Per Year through the Proctor Network™
- A Proctor administers only two tests per year (one online and one field at our published prices; about five hours of work per year),
- A Candidate wants to schedule tests with a Proctor,
--Proctor orders the online and field tests at refreshhomes.com for $150 + $175 = $325. Proctor then arranges for the tests and any additional Candidate payments (to meet advertised retail prices; proceeds go to Proctor directly) and only steps 4 and 5 below occur, or
--Candidate orders the online and field tests at refreshhomes.com for $250 + $400 = $650. Candidate's information is sent to Proctor to respond,
- Proctor is responsible for any discounts (amounts, methods, timing, etc; Refresh Homes will not be involved with the discount in any way),
- Proctor administers the tests and submits the required documents to Refresh Homes and BPI,
- Refresh Homes pays Proctor $100 + $225 = $325 (325 - 100 annual fee - 50 initial application fee = 175 net income; translates to about $35 per hour!)
Two Tests Per Month through the Proctor Network™
Similar to Scenario A, except Proctor administers only two tests per month (one online and one field at our published prices; about five hours of work per month),
...Refresh Homes pays Proctor $1200 + $2700 = $3900 (3900 - 100 annual fee - 50 initial application fee = 3750 net income; translates to about $62 per hour!)
Of course, you are certainly allowed to do more than two tests per month, but the math makes sense at only two tests per year! Your ability to offer BPI Certification tests may increase your marketability to an employer and can supplement your existing income.