Elysian Energy is the area’s leading provider of residential energy efficiency services. Our motto, “Lower Bills ~ Lower Impact ~ Higher Value”© speaks directly to our mission of reducing consumption and environmental impact while enhancing both comfort and value in the home. www.elysianenergy.com
Energy Auditor/Check-Up Professional
Now accepting applications for energy auditors to staff BGE’s Quick Home Energy Check Up program. Service areas may include some or all of the following areas: Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Carroll, and Baltimore Counties as well as Baltimore City and the District of Columbia.
This ‘boots on the ground’ position offers the opportunity to engage directly with homeowners and to communicate best practices in residential energy efficiency. Every visit you make is an opportunity to create a measurable difference in a homeowner’s bills and their carbon footprint.
- Perform home visits to visually inspect and assess energy saving opportunities
- Interpret and communicate findings to homeowners in a clear accessible manner
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as CFLs, aerators, showerheads, pipe wrap, etc.
- Perform related administrative tasks, some involving use of computers and mobile technology
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- RESNET certification
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Certification
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Must be able to pass background and reference checks, as well as drug testing
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for contributing to the sustainability movement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits included after a 90 day probationary period.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send resume and statement of interest to Ethan Balis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIORITY DEADLINE November 7, 2012