The Market Development Lead will lead the business development and implementation of Elevate Energy’s energy efficiency and green building services in Ohio. The selected candidate will effectively develop Elevate Energy’s local presence in Columbus, Ohio, engage key affordable housing, nonprofit, and energy-related stakeholders, and cultivate relationships with building owners to generate a robust pipeline of projects for Elevate Energy’s green building and energy efficiency services.
This is a remote position. The Market Development Lead will be based in the Columbus, OH metro area but will report directly to a Chicago-based supervisor and will be expected to work with remote teams based in Chicago, Michigan, Missouri, and elsewhere.
Business Development & Stakeholder Engagement
- Cultivate relationships with owners of affordable housing and nonprofit buildings to develop a client base and project pipeline for Elevate Energy’s green building and energy efficiency services.
- Engage utilities, lenders, state agencies, foundations, and other key stakeholders to develop key partnerships to establish a presence in Ohio; secure funding and contracts to deliver green building and energy efficiency services; and assemble a package of financing and incentives for owners to implement energy improvements.
- Represent Elevate Energy professionally with clients and ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Represent Elevate Energy with local, state, and national housing and energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a business strategy, revenue model, and financial budget to grow Elevate Energy’s operation in Ohio.
- Eventual set up and management of a satellite office of Elevate Energy located in Ohio, including hiring and managing project management and technical field staff as needed.
- Manage multiple green consulting and energy efficiency retrofit projects and prospective client engagements simultaneously. Often, including developments applying for Low-income Housing Tax Credit and other funding sources with green or energy efficiency requirements (e.g., ENERGY STAR, LEED, Enterprise Green Communities, and National Green Building Standard).
- Coordinate and manage green building charrettes, energy audits, design and specification reviews, construction management, and inspections of installed green and energy efficient measures.
- Provide technical input on green consulting projects and conduct energy audits and/or field inspections as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the local and remote team – energy auditors, contractors, and other staff to move projects through the upgrade process.
- Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other Elevate Energy staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree very desirable.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in affordable multifamily housing, green building, energy efficiency, building science or related field required.
- Registered Architect (RA), Professional Engineer (PE), Engineer in Training (EIT), BPI, CEM, HERS, and/or LEED accreditation and experience certifying projects a plus.
- Experience conducting energy audits and building inspections a plus.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and client engagements.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Process and detail-oriented.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfort level with working remotely from larger team and supervisor.
- Travel extensively throughout Ohio, and travel to Chicago at a minimum of once per month.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This is an Exempt position.
Elevate Energy’s mission is to deliver smarter energy use for all. Elevate Energy designs and implements efficiency programs that lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
322 S. Green Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
Write position in the subject line or envelope.
Fax to 773-698-6869
Email to careers@ElevateEnergy.org
No phone calls please.