CMC Energy Services strives to make the world more energy efficient, ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. We’re on the look-out for team players to join our family and support our mission by delivering results and innovation.
Since 1977, CMC has helped over 350,000 residential and commercial customers reduce their energy bills. We have trained more than 2,000 energy auditors in 46 states and have been awarded more than 100 residential energy efficiency programs for utilities and government agencies.
CMC is serious about investing in its employees and offers excellent career opportunities for individuals interested in pursuing industry related training and certifications.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401K with employer match, employer paid short and long-term disability benefits, and employer paid life insurance.
The Lead Weatherization Technician works as a part of the weatherization team to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. This position performs direct service installs to reduce the air infiltration and ex-filtration of a building including the installation of home weatherization materials and minor building repairs. This individual will also be responsible for health and safety walk through, test in and test out procedures, quality control, inventory management, vehicle maintenance as well as associated record keeping.
CMC welcomes new graduates with degrees in Building Science, Environmental Sustainability or other related fields to apply.
1. Install weatherization program measures such as:
-Blower door guided air sealing
-Aerosol foam sealant
-Window and door weather stripping kits
-Blown and batt insulation
-Rim joist insulation
-Water heater insulation jacket and pipe insulation
-Space heating pipe and duct insulation
-Dryer and exhaust vent
-Attic hatch insulation
2. Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and CSC safety procedures as directed by supervisor.
3. Use hand tools or power tools in a prescribed, safe manner when installing materials and repairing structures
4. Comply with applicable DOT regulations.
5. Handle job site clean-up.
6. Install or repair windows and/or doors.
7. Make minor repairs and carpentry work as required.
8. Perform other installations or repairs as called for by supervisor.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent customer service skills.
2. BPI Envelope Professional required.
3. BPI Building Analyst certified preferred.
4. Familiarity with hand and power tools and a desire to learn weatherization techniques.
5. The positions occasionally requires work in confined environments. Employee must be able to crawl through and work in constricted spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
6. Requires basic knowledge of the construction of residential dwellings and housing types.
7. High School diploma or equivalent required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply, please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com