Deeper Green Consulting
Deeper Green Consulting is seeking a HERS Rater to work in our mountain region service areas. The HERS Rater will be responsible for conducting home performance testing and analysis. The position will work with contractors to verify building code requirements and producing reports detailing results. The HERS Rater will work as part of the construction project team providing guidance and recommendations to improve building performance. Raters are required to ensure compliance with industry standards, building codes and company procedures.
A qualified HERS Rater will apply their technical skills and knowledge to verify building performance requirements.
- Conduct HERS inspections and building performance test outs
- Maintain tools and sensitive testing equipment to ensure proper function and testing accuracy.
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of IECC building codes, International Fire Codes (IFC), AHSRAE 62.2 and other standards as required.
- Actively develop relationships with builders, architects, and code officials.
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed reports within established timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for energy efficiency and building performance.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow project orders and proper procedures
- Working knowledge of building codes and general industry standards.
- Physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying equipment, climbing ladders, and using small tools and testing equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical concepts and building codes verbally and in writing.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, dependable transportation, and the ability to travel daily to job sites.
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Effective time management ensuring critical deadlines are met.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- Honesty, integrity and ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Experience using the MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 2-3 years of construction or related experience with a basic knowledge of carpentry, building materials, HVAC, energy efficiency, or renewable energy.
- Knowledge of residential energy audits evaluating factors such as insulation, appliances, HVAC systems, lighting and electrical systems, moisture and air quality that affect home energy use, durability, safety and comfort.
- Proficiency with Tectile – energy conservation software or slimier applications.
- Previous experience using Sketchup or other 3D modeling applications.
- Working knowledge of REM/Rate applications.
- Current BPI Certification.
- Current RESNET Certified Home Energy Rater
- Energy Star New Homes Certification
- Experience with LEED or other rating systems.
Although the above certifications are strongly preferred, equivalent engineering or green building/construction experience with the willingness to earn the above certifications may be considered.
Deeper Green Consulting values team members with a desire to grow with the company. This position offers areas for advancement. We are the mountain region's premier green building experts and construction industry consultants.
Please send a resume and cover letter describing why you are a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org