Now Hiring – Energy Efficiency Weatherization Technician
Elysian Energy is the area’s leading provider of residential energy efficiency services. Our motto,
“Lower Bills ~ Lower Impact ~ Higher Value”© speaks directly to our mission of reducing
consumption and environmental impact while enhancing both comfort and value in the home.
Energy Efficiency Weatherization Technician
Now accepting applications for a Weatherization Technician to implement recommended energy saving measures on contracting projects. This position offers the opportunity to work with the area’s leader in residential energy efficiency in efforts to help homeowners reduce their environmental impact while saving on their energy bills. The Weatherization Technician reports to the Contracting Manager, and is based out of our Silver Spring office.
- Perform weatherization contract work under the direction of the Contracting Manager and/or Contracting Team Leader.
- Perform basic air-sealing/insulation tasks without direct supervision.
- Responsible for direct implementation of Scopes of Work.
- Drive 14 ft box truck as needed.
- Assist with other Elysian Energy programs and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for contributing to the sustainability movement. Other qualifications include:
- 1+ years construction, weatherization, carpentry, or insulation experience Weatherization training or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with/understanding of rebate requirements
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to safely work in attics and/or crawlspaces
- Ability to operate insulation blowing machine preferred
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools
- Ability to work evenings (overtime) as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- Valid and active driver’s license with clean driving record
- High school diploma (some college preferred)
- WAP and/or BPI BA certification (BPI Envelope certification a plus)
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send resume and statement of interest/cover letter to John Wilkerson at email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter/statement of interest will not be considered.