Now Hiring – Energy Efficiency Installation Technician
Elysian Energy is the area’s leading provider of residential energy efficiency services. Our motto,
“Lower Bills ~ Lower Impact ~ Higher Value”© speaks directly to our mission of reducing
consumption and environmental impact while enhancing both comfort and value in the home.
Energy Efficiency Installation Technician
Now accepting applications for energy efficiency installation technicians to staff BGE and
PEPCO’s Quick Home Energy Check-up program. This is a temporary, full-time position with
competitive hourly compensation and health benefits. Service areas may include some or all of
the following areas: Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Carroll, and Baltimore Counties as
well as Baltimore City.
A ‘boots on the ground’ position offers the opportunity to install energy- and water-saving
measures into thousands of homes. Every visit you make is an opportunity to create a
measurable difference in a homeowner’s bills and their carbon footprint.
- Install and answer questions pertaining to various energy saving products such as CFLs, aerators, showerheads, pipe wrap, etc.
- Communicate installation statistics to auditors and administrative staff
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- A recognized green building or retrofit certification
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Must be able to pass background and reference checks, as well as drug testing
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and maintain a fast work pace over an extended period of time
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for
contributing to the sustainability movement.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume and statement of interest, and three recommendations to Whitney
Cooper at email@example.com. Resume will not be considered without a statement of
interest and recommendations.