I'm working on an IR workshop that will be held at U North Dakota, Grand Forks in mid April. Cosponsors including UND, WAPA, and my organization, Clean Energy Ambassadors. We serve municipal utilities and co-ops in the West--esp the upper Midwest. We are working with Flir and Fluke, though it's a non-commercial 1.5 day intro on both power system and building uses.  Question: do you or someone you know work with a community utility energy audit program & have a great case study? We can pay travel for a great case study speaker. Something like imaging street-by-street and following up with an offer, or tying in with a local sponsor to reduce the cost of the service? Let me know, pls. Jill  See our page at www.cleanenergyambassadors.ning.com

Tags: IR, utility, workshop

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jill,
I am a HERS rater and do audits for utilities in the Grand Forks area.  I did an audit on a friend's home a while back.  This was a HERS-type audit, not IR.  Didn't need IR to see her walls were not insulated!  After doing the recommended improvements, she reports her monthly heating bills have dropped by 25 - 40%.
I'm not sure what kind of case studies I can  provide, but I am willing to help if I can.  Travel costs would be zero!  :-)
Best regards,
Henry
Henry- Thanks so much for this offer. We held out for a utility guy-- and will have someone from Cedar Rapids who has 3 different program components at their utility IR Program-- 1) an IR flyover (cool!) 2) street-level neighborhood shots 3) energy audit enhancement. We really want utilities to explore these options. Many of them will be working with local contractors. I hope you'll check out www.cleanenergyambassadors.ning.com, where we have a registration flier posted.
Hi Jill,
Is there an itenary or syllabus available somewhere?  Want to make sure it's not redundant to the Level I training I've already done.
Without being ridiculously promotional, I urge folks to go to www.cleanenergyambassadors.ning.com to download a registration form
Yes, I've seen the registration form. 

I just can't find any detailed info on exactly what will be covered in the 1.5 days.  Is there an itinerary, list of topics, or a speakers list available?
Anyone interested can send an email to me via cleanenergyambassador@gmail.com and I'll send the info right along.

Are you looking at scanning power lines for 'phantom' loads, ''Hot' lines, over heated lines or is this for home energy auditing?

Utility energy auditing for commercial use utilizes power consumption. Is this what you are looking for as IR is not part of that scenario. Meter draw and equipment draw are usually monitored. We do utilizde IR for overloaded motors and some heat ed lines and breakers.

Check my site www.nyinfraredscan.com and see if this is what you are looking for.

We do IR in conjunction with a blower door to discover energy leaks, missing insulation, phantom loads on meter boxes, and moisture problems.

Allen

Level III ASNT

Thanks-- I will check this out. We've dealt with a wide range of needs. WAPA has an equipment loan program and has supported basic training for both utility distribution system applications and basic energy auditing. Amazing what those cameras can do! My guess is that we will be sticking closer to our region for support, but I am welcoming folks from our Clean Energy network to join this IR group.

I am an Infrared trainer with Infraspection Institute and on the IR training committee at RESNET being sponsored at Disney Hilton Feb 27 this week. If you have need of an IR trainer for your business or have further questions; contact me please.

allen

Hello Jill:

I wanted to see if you had interest with the support of The Snell Group. We have worked together with WAPA to provide weatherization infrared training in the past along with training the WAPA transmission group. Please let me know how we might assist with your workshop or other opportunities going forward...

Best Regards. ~Mark

Thanks!! I have known about the Snell Group for many years-- Good news. As we're almost set, but a little light in the buildings area, maybe we could get a handout from you? Can you find me at CleanEnergyAmbassadors.ning.com I guess we'll have to "friend" on this service. I am traveling so won't get to that til the end of the week. more later...

Hi Jill,

I have tried to register through your CleanEnergyAmbassadors.ning.com and when I reply to the email I get an error message. Can you please email directly at mcleminson@thesnellgroup.com, so we can connect and I can get you some materials for the workshop...

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tim Reynolds replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I was wondering if you would sell the pressure pan by itself and for how much? Thanks -Tim"
4 hours ago
Profile IconTim Reynolds and angela hines joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
4 hours ago
Profile IconAllen Rathey, Kevin Love, Shannon Kahl and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"What is the price for them together? What is the price just for the blower door set?"
23 hours ago
Alan Gindt replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Yes"
23 hours ago
Anna Jursik's blog post was featured
yesterday
Everblue posted a status
"New Energy Auditor Jobs posted on our Massachusetts Job Board! Check them out: http://www.everblue.edu/hiring/job-board/massachusetts"
yesterday
Everblue posted events
yesterday
angela hines replied to Brooke Ingram's discussion 3 full sets of testing equipment available for sale! in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi is the Minneapolis blower door set still available?"
yesterday
angela hines replied to David Allen's discussion Like new! Great Deal! Minneapolis Blower Door system, Duct Blaster and Flir i-7 Infrared Camera for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I am interested in the blower door and camera. Are they still available? If so i will buy. Please…"
yesterday
angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is this still for sale? I am interested and would want to buy."
yesterday
Anna Jursik posted a blog post
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service