Bob Blanchette's Discussions (447)

Discussions Replied To (25) Replies Latest Activity

"7 degrees outdoor, 72 indoor are design temps, looks reasonable. 80% furnace would m…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 27 to How to Read Load Calculation Reports

37 May 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"There should be defined indoor and outdoor temperatures that the load calculation is…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 27 to How to Read Load Calculation Reports

37 May 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"What design temp did they use in the software? Where is the nearest major city? Cont…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 26 to How to Read Load Calculation Reports

37 May 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Once ductwork is considered a minisplit may actually be cheaper. It provides cooling…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 21 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"Mini-split will save cost of the ductwork and provide cooling at the same time. Quie…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 17 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"A small central AC is most likely to be quieter and more comfortable that a window u…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 16 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"Recovery time is how long it takes for the building to warm up when coming back for…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 14 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"If setbacks are employed, how long does the customer expect to take for recovery? I'…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 13 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"One furnace should be plenty, 2 is overkill. You will need some type of ductwork for…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 13 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"Utterly ridiculous. If they really want to reduce energy costs set a limit on the si…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 31, 2013 to ENERGY STAR Furnaces & Failure of DOE Standard

7 Aug 15
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Everblue joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
33 minutes ago
Everblue joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Tools of the Trade

A hammer and a saw used to be the key tools for home contractors. Today, the best-in-breed also use…See More
45 minutes ago
Tom DelConte replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Tom: agreed, except if crawl space has gotten wet there may be mold which may require remediation.…"
50 minutes ago
Profile IconSteve Franklin, Laurie Clark, Daniel Morrison and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Jason Hiep commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Lighting Services for Aliens
"I think the article with good content, to bring people closer to Clean Energy.Thanks for…"
8 hours ago
Tom White posted a video
11 hours ago
peter chang posted a discussion

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
14 hours ago
Robert Haverlock replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I feel like I'm preaching to the choir! So here it goes. In recent years, Building America and…"
16 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service