Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (21) Replies Latest Activity

"Mini-split will save cost of the ductwork and provide cooling at the same time. Quie…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 17 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"A small central AC is most likely to be quieter and more comfortable that a window u…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 16 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"Recovery time is how long it takes for the building to warm up when coming back for…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 14 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"If setbacks are employed, how long does the customer expect to take for recovery? I'…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 13 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"One furnace should be plenty, 2 is overkill. You will need some type of ductwork for…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 13 to Needed: High Efficiency NG HVAC for a 2,100 sf single story building

15 Apr 24
Reply by Kari Sauder

"Utterly ridiculous. If they really want to reduce energy costs set a limit on the si…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 31, 2013 to ENERGY STAR Furnaces & Failure of DOE Standard

3 Mar 31, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

"Older equipment is more affected by it's condition than it's original SEER. Clean co…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 29, 2012 to Where to find EER and SEER if it is not on the label

4 Dec 29, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Overheating of the 2nd floor/Over-cooling the 1st floor is a valid concern with a zo…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 29, 2012 to Are Zoned Heating/Cooling Systems a Good or Bad Idea?

24 Jul 5
Reply by John Proctor

"2 systems is normally not much more if any more expensive than a properly designed z…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 28, 2012 to Are Zoned Heating/Cooling Systems a Good or Bad Idea?

24 Jul 5
Reply by John Proctor

"I've found most blower motor failures are due to unbalanced blower wheels (bearings…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14, 2012 to Furnace Blower Fan on 100% of the time - Good or Bad or it depends?

71 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by dale conner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"I just checked the site Guidelines Kurt, and any true "promotions" should be posted in…"
4 hours ago
Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
4 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
7 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
7 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
9 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
9 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
9 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
10 hours ago
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
10 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
12 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
13 hours ago
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service