June 13 - 17, 2011 - Gettysburg, PA
Be one of the first 15 to take this class - Get it for $1200! That’s a $450 discount. Use coupon code: HERSPA
Includes Everything You Need!
√ 5 days (40 hours) classroom instruction (Mon. – Fri.)
√ 16 hours of online instruction
√ HERS Exam (administered online, the last day of class)
This intensive training program will provide the prospective HERS Rater with the core skills and blended training platform necessary to become a Certified HERS Rater in keeping with RESNET’s national training and certification guidelines.
You will learn how to perform energy ratings and provide homeowners and homebuilders with detailed analyses of energy consumption, with opportunities for energy conservation and cost savings.
• Learn how to help builders and architects positively affect building design using a whole house, total systems approach.
• Learn to professionally & scientifically evaluate home's energy performance & comfort issues, & offer recommendations
• Learn how to utilize powerful diagnostic equipment and updated software to aid you in the energy analysis.
• Learn the latest energy finance and incentive programs that can help you expand your business.
Application in the Field
Energy ratings are commonly used as verification methods for programs such as Energy Star, LEED® for Homes, and various regional programs. This training will prepare you to perform energy ratings in these, and similar settings.
Additional training is recommended to ensure that the Rater is able to provide proper program verification. We suggest that Raters pursue additional training as a BPI Building Analyst or Envelope Professional to learn additional diagnostic skills that will prepare you for the intricacies of existing buildings and their unique qualities.
All Course Materials Provided.
No extra books or materials to purchase
• 16 hours of online instruction prior to classroom instruction
• The IBS Advisor: Home Energy Rating Handbook(the BEST manual on the market for HERS Raters)
• Supplemental DVD
• RESNET® National Rater Exam (exam taken online, last day of class)
Who Should Take this Course:
Contractors who perform services related to any of the following: HVAC, insulation, air sealing, remodeling, windows and doors, siding, plumbing, handyman, solar, IAQ, roofing, home automation professionals. BPI Certified professionals seeking to become HERS Raters.
None; some knowledge of residential construction practices is beneficial.
Our RESNET HERS package is only $1650* and includes:
• 5-days of classroom instruction + 16 hours of online training (not available elsewhere)
• NO requirement for additional books or materials; course manual, DVD and online training are all INCLUDED.
• Completion of in-class ratings required for certification
• Exam Fees
*Students who are already BPI Certified from Home Energy Team Institute get discounted rate of $1449.
*Students who sign up for both HERS Rating and BPI training with Home Energy Team Institute get the BPI Building Analyst class for $1299.
Home Energy Team Institute Success Guarantee
If you fail to pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Questions or Concerns: Please call us at 1-800-518-1877.