My 3 years are up on my BPI Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications this fall, and I am trying to get a handle on if there are any proctors in this part of the world.  And it occurred to me that this information is generally not that easy to find. The BPI site (www.bpi.org) provides a list of companies that have certified professionals, but it doesn't say who they are or if they are proctors.  New York State has the Building Performance Contractors Association (http://www.home-performance.org/).  We could put together a chapter of that group.

I would at least like to put together a list of people who are BPI certified in  this part of the world.  Also, there is a lot of stuff going on with BPI and the new certifications that might be worth discussing as a group.  So if you know certified professionals who could benefit from being listed or part of this group (or a proctor for my recertification), please ask them to send me the information and I'll put together a list. 

I am a proctor for Analyst, Envelope, Heating, and AC/Heat Pump.  I do my testing through the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth as a test center.

Tags: BPI, Certification, Proctor

Views: 231

Replies to This Discussion

I time out in about a year.  I expect not to renew because I have not been doing the work in houses.

That said, I will always be one who cleared a BPI bar and my involvement with the 1000 Home Challenge will continue.  For many years, I will be available for teamwork addressing house/residents/community as a system.  

I would like to be on the list, and the local/regional list might be a good place to share continuing education or community volunteer and other projects.

Joe Hughes

j.hughes@capesave.com

Great, Joe. I have added you

Ok, Again I have no "watch" button.  This time I took screen shots to prove I'm not missing it. 

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Joshua Moore replied to Jennifer Luitwieler's discussion Google+//Will it SAVE THE WORLD? in the group Social Media and Energy Efficiency
"Good to hear we're not alone. I think it was such a headache for us that we shelved dealing…"
35 minutes ago
Everblue replied to Jennifer Luitwieler's discussion Google+//Will it SAVE THE WORLD? in the group Social Media and Energy Efficiency
"Hey Joshua, we've had the same problem with YouTube and Google+. It is infuriating! In fact,…"
51 minutes ago
ichko Ichko Rachev is now a member of Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Marie Fuentes posted events
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
19 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service