James White's Discussions (58)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"Attached is a detailed description of how I derived the calculations that are used i…"

James White replied Dec 10, 2013 to Transient Heat Transfer Analysis

5 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by James White

"The values are all calculated for each node based on the physical characteristics th…"

5 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by James White

"The spreadsheet calculates whether heat is going in or out.  Yes, it accounts for co…"

5 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by James White

"Here is a spreadsheet that I have for identifying savings using monthly bills and av…"

James White replied Mar 18, 2013 to Trying to find %age energy saving from variety of upgrades in 10K sf multifamily house

4 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Guy DuBois

"The plot below shows how the average temperature plot for a home defines the extent…"

James White replied Dec 28, 2012 to Using Average Monthly Temperature to Model Home Energy Use

16 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by James White

"The "Generic Billing Analysis" spreadsheet that I uploaded came up as a .zip file in…"

James White replied Nov 1, 2012 to Using Average Monthly Temperature to Model Home Energy Use

16 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by James White

"Typical electricity billing information is shown in yellow below.The information hig…"

James White replied Feb 23, 2012 to Using Average Monthly Temperature to Model Home Energy Use

16 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by James White

"Hello Evan, What are you trying to simulate or determine regarding the multifamily b…"

James White replied Mar 1, 2011 to How about simulation in the multifamily context?

6 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Don Hynek

"Hello George, If it were me, I would use the monthly electric bills to determine the…"

James White replied Jan 13, 2011 to Trying to find %age energy saving from variety of upgrades in 10K sf multifamily house

4 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Guy DuBois

"Solar PV Added to Home Here is a plot that shows the electricity generated by a 6.5…"

James White replied Dec 22, 2010 to Using Average Monthly Temperature to Model Home Energy Use

16 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by James White

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconPing Wang, Whitney Cooper and Mike Burton joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
7 minutes ago
Ping Wang commented on Michael Stuart's group INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS
"Hello Everyone, we produce and export Infrared heating lamp used for various food oven,industrial…"
11 minutes ago
Ping Wang joined Michael Stuart's group
Thumbnail

INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS

This group is dedicated to knowledge sharing and discussion of infrared thermography for building…See More
16 minutes ago
Ping Wang shared Leslie McDowell, BPI's group on Facebook
19 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hello again Bud. The ORNL test that determined the R rating of R-0.0083 was based on…"
21 minutes ago
Ping Wang shared Diane Chojnowski's group on Facebook
30 minutes ago
Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"For self-heating homes I'm using an insulation board under the joists to be able to use that…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Jordan shared a profile on Facebook
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service