Dear Colleagues,

As many of you are aware, BPI introduced exams for four advanced certifications in a pilot phase this summer and will follow with a nationwide roll out later this year. Together with BPI's existing certifications held by tens of thousands of professionals throughout the country, the new credentials help to define a career path in home performance contracting. These certifications - Home Energy Auditor, Retrofit Installer, Crew Leader, and Quality Control Inspector - satisfy the demands of both the national Weatherization Assistance Program and the home performance marketplace for a skilled workforce with proven experience.

Please click here to continue reading.

Tags: BPI, Contractors, Standards

Views: 244

Replies to This Discussion

Nice letter, but it refers to "demands" from the "home performance marketplace" for credentials that are yet to be implemented while there is no demand from the "home performance marketplace" for those already in place.  Consumers are not nearly as impressed with "certifications" as contractors are. 

We should end the confusing and counterproductive incentive programs, stop the endless assembly line of credentials to go with them ... and let the market do its thing.

http://jimbushart.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/government-participation...

I have a lot of questions about this. I hold BA and Envelope Professional certifications. It looks pretty clear that I will be expected to re-certify as, at least, Home Energy Auditor, when the time comes. How can I find out what additional knowledge or skills I'll be expected to have?

It's all well and good to claim we won't have to throw out our existing certifications, but if this causes a shift in the expectations of the institutions (city, state) that offer incentive programs, then, yes, we will have to "throw out" our existing certifications and get new ones, in order to stay affiliated with those programs.

Hi Teresa, Good question. To find out what knowledge, skills and abilities you will need to challenge the Energy Auditor exams or any of the other certification exams, please go to www.bpi.org/pilot and click on the 'Pilot Certification Scheme Handbook' for each certification listed there. This will provide you with a solid overview of what you will need to know. I also recommend you check out our FAQs page on the new certifications.

Watch out, when you post to this BPI will ask you to participate as they plan their path forward. Ask me how I know. Volunteers?
when you google BPI from a non energy geek computer, you get Beef Products Inc. that is not acceptable. To get 'juice' on search engines you need links from and to your site. It would help us all if BPI had links directly from their site to any member's site and the requirement for that was a reciprocal link from the member back to BPI.

Actually, Home Energy, ACI, RESNET, and all the rest could benefit from this idea too.

So are we choice, select or just government Inspected?

LOL.

Right now none.  We're just sizzle, still looking for the beef. 

Thank you.

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom White posted videos
8 hours ago
Maria Lacey replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"I attempted to use an AZTech device. I have used the Watt Stopper, Watts Up Pro, Kill-A-Watt…"
12 hours ago
Maria Lacey joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
12 hours ago
Profile IconCynthia Sandherr, James Skeldon, Mathew Castel and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago
Andy Li replied to David Parker's discussion Energy auditor equipment for sale- blower door, duct tester,combustion analyzer in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is Minneapolis Duct Blaster still available? send some photos and how much do you ask for? my…"
17 hours ago
Andy Li joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
17 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion What's your opinion on the best insulation option for your GREEN attic space?
"Mornin Richard, Maybe 'Options' might be more appropriate here?  We take the path…"
19 hours ago
Richard Beyer posted a discussion
20 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service