Armando Cobo's Discussions (36)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"John, Drying is the whole idea... with a closed cell it'll never get a chance to dry…"

Armando Cobo replied May 17, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"On the contrary, if there is any wicking through the concrete or any moisture leaks…"

Armando Cobo replied May 16, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"Sorry, I should have said: open cell foam on the RIM of the floor joist."

Armando Cobo replied May 16, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"My experience with sealed, conditioned crawl spaces, you need to have a 20 mil poly-…"

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"I’m sorry, in my commotion of writing my reply and leave for work I should have incl…"

Armando Cobo replied Mar 1, 2012 to Blown fiberglass vs. cellulose

22 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"They are both good insulation choices, if installed correctly, however, cellulose ha…"

Armando Cobo replied Mar 1, 2012 to Blown fiberglass vs. cellulose

22 Sep 5, 2012

"One reason could be too much moisture in the lumber when framed, and as it dries, we…"

Armando Cobo replied Jan 5, 2012 to Bowed sheathing & advanced framing

9 Sep 4, 2012

"I imagine is pretty hard to tell much without the brand and its installation instruc…"

Armando Cobo replied Oct 31, 2011 to Attempting to identify fireplace outside air intake

4 Dec 25, 2012
Reply by Ed Voytovich

"You may want to check Energy Edge forms. Great product. http://www.energyedgeform.co…"

Armando Cobo replied Sep 16, 2011 to Sexy Slab Edge Insulation

4 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Armando Cobo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
17 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted photos
Saturday
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service