John Nicholas's Discussions (131)

Discussions Replied To (25) Replies Latest Activity

"Most Recovery Ventilators have a fixed capacity. You can decrease that with dampers.…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 30, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"John B, I threw out a quick comment about changing the NPP, which you commented on.…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 30, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012

"OK!  I think some of your questions depend on location of the house. Some depend on…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 28, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012

"1.  If it is wet enough that CC will not allow it to dry and OC soaks it up like a s…"

John Nicholas replied May 17, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"No!  Open cell on a wet surface will act like a sponge and the moisture will stay in…"

John Nicholas replied May 16, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"Pressure Relationships within in a home are weird.  Change something, and something…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 18, 2011 to Fixed Duct Leakage & now we have a dusty house?

6 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"Add EPA Indoor Air Plus.   You have a choice for one of 2 checklists on moisture wit…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 3, 2011 to Beyond ENERGY STAR?

8 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth Stuart

"Sean,   The types of dropped ceilings I referring to are those with the metal frame…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 4, 2011 to Foamed Roof Deck

36 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by John Nicholas

"So you don't confuse the building by having 2 thermal barriers on the upper side of…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 2, 2011 to Foamed Roof Deck

36 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by John Nicholas

"Ted,   We are talking about improving homes.  If a homeowner thinks something is gre…"

John Nicholas replied Jul 1, 2011 to Foamed Roof Deck

36 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by John Nicholas

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
4 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
4 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
12 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
12 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
13 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
13 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
14 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service