John Nicholas's Discussions (141)

Discussions Replied To (28) Replies Latest Activity

"Got mine Also!  Thank God!"

John Nicholas replied Mar 2, 2013 to RESNET & Confirmed Ratings - no more fake numbers

2 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"The home was having humidity problems summer and winter. They were getting worse. Th…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 30, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"I always use examples of how lifestyle choices effect energy usage.  One of my favor…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 30, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012

"Most Recovery Ventilators have a fixed capacity. You can decrease that with dampers.…"

34 Oct 10, 2012

"John B, I threw out a quick comment about changing the NPP, which you commented on.…"

34 Oct 10, 2012

"OK!  I think some of your questions depend on location of the house. Some depend on…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 28, 2012 to Exhaust Fan Venting - Bathroom, ERV, & HRV

34 Oct 10, 2012

"1.  If it is wet enough that CC will not allow it to dry and OC soaks it up like a s…"

John Nicholas replied May 17, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"No!  Open cell on a wet surface will act like a sponge and the moisture will stay in…"

John Nicholas replied May 16, 2012 to Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Install Correction and Future Guidance

13 May 17, 2012
Reply by John Nicholas

"Pressure Relationships within in a home are weird.  Change something, and something…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 18, 2011 to Fixed Duct Leakage & now we have a dusty house?

6 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"Add EPA Indoor Air Plus.   You have a choice for one of 2 checklists on moisture wit…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 3, 2011 to Beyond ENERGY STAR?

8 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth Stuart

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Brennan Less commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Revisiting Electrification
"In case this is useful for anyone, I have calculated the 2010 carbon emissions per unit of…"
56 minutes ago
Mike Kandel added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

BPI Announces Tony Woods Award Recipient and Hall of Fame Inductees

BPI is proud to announce that Peter Troast of Energy Circle Pro has been awarded the 2015 Tony…See More
1 hour ago
Mike Kandel posted a discussion

BPI Announces Tony Woods Award Recipient and Hall of Fame Inductees

BPI is proud to announce that Peter Troast of Energy Circle Pro has been awarded the 2015 Tony…See More
1 hour ago
Ben Thompson commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Revisiting Electrification
"Alan, super important discussion you have started. I work a lot with multifamily rehabs and…"
1 hour ago
Barbara Smith commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Revisiting Electrification
"Good points."
2 hours ago
William Parlapiano added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Last of the Equipment Available

I have sold almost everything I had available except for the following items which are great for…See More
7 hours ago
Profile IconJohn Smith, irving yee and John James Cameron joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service