Bob Blanchette's Discussions (422)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"About 250 pascals in 1" of water column. HVAC filter operation at a typical 0.1" @ 1…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 22, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"We're talking about the surface same area as two 20x20 HVAC filters. 360CFM through…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 22, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"The 12" aluminum externally braced whirlybirds go for about $50 each, not unreasonab…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 5, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"Fair enough. Air will exit ridge vents, but at an insignificant rate. There is simpl…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 5, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"According to your formula, how hot does it have to be in a standard 8' tall attic in…"

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"If you must have the ridge vents installed, take a CLOSE look on how it's constructe…"

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"If homeowners aren't willing to have whirlybirds installed, large "turtle vents" can…"

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"I don't think powered fans make sense for Northern climates. Even in southern climat…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 5, 2013 to Ridge Vent NFA

15 Jan 5, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The tiny pressures aren't enough for the ridge venting to work, it simply doesn't. T…"

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"Another problem with NFA is is doesn't calculate the static pressure loss created by…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 5, 2013 to Ridge Vent NFA

15 Jan 5, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Oh my!!! I think it was there.  What I wanted to point out was the need to check for lead and…"
12 minutes ago
David Meiland replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Bud, you got cutt off mid-sentence.... can you hear me now??"
23 minutes ago
Bud Poll replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"To add to Richards list of what might have"
2 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the walls at all? …"
3 hours ago
David Meiland replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Bud is right on. Get a professional auditor to assess the building. Finding the right person may…"
4 hours ago
"Hi Richard, Being a science writer and this being rental units, here is a moral dilemma you…"
8 hours ago
richard gaughan posted a discussion

Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

I'm a science writer, as opposed to an energy professional, and I joined this group to try to keep…See More
11 hours ago
Christopher Talarico posted a discussion

Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

Hi,I've looked around online and haven't found a lot of good information on home heating with…See More
22 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service