Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"Basing based on unit size encourages oversizing."

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 30, 2013 to Duct Testing - is a change in order?

13 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Basing it on duct area encourages oversized systems and inefficient duct design. A t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 30, 2013 to Duct Testing - is a change in order?

13 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hence "may" save a quarter per day. Looks like I was being overly generous on the am…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 29, 2013 to Connected home refrigerators - are we excited?

18 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Agreed, shutting off the fridge compressor isn't going to save your electric bill bu…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 28, 2013 to Connected home refrigerators - are we excited?

18 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"THIS is the key to reducing energy costs !!"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 27, 2013 to Connected home refrigerators - are we excited?

18 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"In our area attic ventilation is primarily about not overheating the attic, ice dams…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 16, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"I've found even a mild wind of 5MPH blows all the NPP theories straight out the wind…"

Bob Blanchette replied Apr 16, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"Our utility is already doing this with Air Conditioners and the Smarthours VPP progr…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 21, 2013 to Connected home refrigerators - are we excited?

18 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Since you are primarily interested in reducing ice dams, a new article you might wan…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 23, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

".57 pascals is a low pressure, not enough to overcome the resistance of the filter a…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 22, 2013 to Attic ventilation with mixed soffit heights.

34 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
4 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
5 hours ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
6 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
6 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
6 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
7 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
8 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
8 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
8 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
9 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
9 hours ago
"I do not like them and I am in Southern California. I think the whole house fan in prescriptive…"
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service