What software program do you use for an Audit report?

I would like some feedback on software programs used for audit reports, what do you use ?

Views: 1214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's not go overboard on windows, please.  Check all the stats and you will see that even a Low-E replacement may only save $10 a year, and this for a $4-600 investment.  We recently followed an auditor into a house after he diagnosed a cold bedroom as needing caulk around the window trim when it was a missing band joist in the floor where it cantilevered out into the front porch pent roof - really easy to spot from the street as you drive by and even easier to diagnose properly.  And this auditor was both BPI and RESNET certified.  Let's all agree that windows and receptacle gaskets mean nothing (with rare exceptions) and move on to the real problems.  

Ed Minch

I fully agree; windows are very rarely the right place to make efficiency improvements. There are usually many other weak spots in a home that don't cost nearly as much to improve.
The better question would be which of the products are US Dept. of Energy approved as the country is moving towards National Weatherization and Energy Retrofit Standards!

Rick...you hit the nail on the head. BPI announced last fall that they were developing something for the EPA I believe...who is merging programs with DOE

http://bpi.org/news_expansion.aspx?selectedID=160

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

George Matthews commented on George Matthews's event Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop
"Here is the flyer for the Advanced Techniques and Tools in Home Performance Friday October 7th at…"
3 hours ago
George Matthews posted an event

Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop at Truitt and White Lumber Conference Room

October 7, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
Building Energy Performance Testing is sponsoring the Proof is Possible Tour to come to the San…See More
4 hours ago
George Matthews replied to George Matthews's discussion Shortridge 8400 Flowhood for A/C airflow testing in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Here are the pics of the flowhood and airdata manometer"
Saturday
Sarah Holloway posted a photo
Friday
Joe Urycki added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

TEC blower door and UEI combustion analyzer for sale

For sale is one used TEC Minneapolis blower door system: Includes model 3 fan with rings A and B,…See More
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"The Nay side is well represented with the links already posted. I presented a neutral side, with…"
Friday
Ray Lehman replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"Hey John, Thanks for the information.  Very good empirical data. While I agree that running…"
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"I have no links, just some anecdotal evidence. I had several Blower Door Tests done on my own home.…"
Friday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service