recently a customer asked me what will be more efficient equipment for a hotel. right now its working with 3 hw, two 2000btu input and one 500000 btu input and he wants to replace with a boiler 399,900 btu input with a storage tank.  in order to be sustainable, any ideas? 

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crunch the numbers, all the numbers including usage, flows, efficiencies, amounts needed, etc... As a given though it doesn't matter if something is more efficient if it cant deliver what is needed when it is requested / required. Want more sustainable, reduce the amount of water needed or used - low flow shower heads (that really deliver water flow) & possibly looking into using recirculating pumps so water isn't wasted while waiting for it to be delivered

RSS

Latest Activity

Mihaita commented on Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post What do Ducted Mini-Splits Look Like?
"Amazing, i bought my AC here."
20 minutes ago
Sarah OConnell's blog post was featured

Seeking Novel Applications of Thermal Storage

Through its JUMP platform, Oak Ridge National Lab has partnered with Trane to host a…See More
21 minutes ago
Profile IconMihaita and Matt Baker joined Home Energy Pros
21 minutes ago
Matt Baker liked Home Energy Magazine's blog post Portland, Oregon Passes Landmark Policy to Disclose Energy Performance to Homebuyers
23 hours ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service