If you put housewrap on like this what benefit is there?

Views: 221

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe code requires it and the inspector doesn't care if it actually works or not?

Not clear what the problem is - is it upside down so you can't read it and therefore not giving the full advertising capability?  Or is it  not tucked under the fake siding above and we don't yet know what the flashing will be there?  Are there not enough fasteners with washers underneath?  Is the overlap of the two pieces too small?  Perhaps we don't know how many weep holes are in the J-channel across the bottom to let any accumulated water out?  Maybe it's that white pole interfering with the installation?

If this is step one on a vinyl siding job there may be clapboards or other siding on the first story wall that has or is suspected to have lead or asbestos. The wrap could be intended to encapsulate the potentially hazardous material. If that were the case, the building wrap should be installed shingle style where it ends at the second floor cladding (as per Ed M's remarks above).

WRT the upside down installation:  we often see this detail in projects done south of the equator.

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Hi Kurt, You mentioned "On a RESNET discussion some insulation experts agreed that insulation…"
4 minutes ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Wow, I am very sad to hear about your eyes.  Would have been super to do that comparison. Good…"
23 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"My dads house has an attached garage.  It was converted to living space around 20 years…"
39 minutes ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal, do I see a terrific chance for you to show us all the power of your RCC? Your father's…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.
"Kevin, Several years ago I worked closely with a general contractor and a real estate…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"That same RCC, used as paint on the ceiling of living space, will do the same as if it was applied…"
1 hour ago
John Nicholas commented on Michael Stuart's group INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS
"Don,  You are incorrect!  This is *NOT* the only course available that meets the ASNT…"
1 hour ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Correct, that is exactly what I said"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service