We're moving our office space and doing a lot of the build-out ourselves.  In our HVAC overhaul, we need to replace the manual thermostat with a setback model.  So I bought a Nest b/c I read about it, and it sounded great.  That, and it looks cool.

Our HVAC guy ripped it, though.  'Said that they don't work, they don't really do what they're supposed to do, 'worthless, and the company that makes them is being sued.

'Haven't done a lick of checking on any of this, but I wanted to touch base with this knowledgeable group first.  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the Nest they can share?

Views: 26919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A friend showed me an interesting site that describes what is inside the Nest thermost.  Peak inside the Nest.

The Nest seems to have decent internals, now if they could only get the software finished.

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

David Byrnes posted a discussion

Insulation machine preferences

I'm in the market for a new insulation machine and am unhappy with my existing plug in machine…See More
7 minutes ago
Profile IconJuan Jose Palacios and Hillary Ames joined Home Energy Pros
27 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Timothy Renz's discussion Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house
"The reason the metal is corrugated is so it has the ability to expand and contract.  Day,…"
1 hour ago
John Gillis added a discussion to the group News & Announcements

Energy Savings of Whole House Fans vs. Air Conditioners in SoCal Featured on New 'Ask This Old House' Season

The new season of Ask This Old House began this week with a segment on the energy saving properties…See More
2 hours ago
Alice La Pierre commented on Daina Martin's blog post 5 Appliances that will Save You Money and Energy
"Daina, thank you so much for the information on the new washing machines.  I know that…"
2 hours ago
Jason Raddenbach replied to John Carton's discussion Smoke Puffer stick
"There are basically 3 types of puffers: 1) The acid variety that you are already familiar with. As…"
2 hours ago
Beverly Lerch commented on Bijou Lulla's blog post Ready Reckoner of Home Energy Consumption Facts
"Space heating and cooling is a very large part of our energy consumption, I agree.  This is…"
3 hours ago
Dale@EnergyWright replied to John Carton's discussion Smoke Puffer stick
"Look Solutions makes a couple versions of the Tiny Fogger, but it's pricey at about…"
4 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service