Studies on Home Energy Audit Energy Savings Potential?

Looking for studies that have made the case that an energy audit leads to energy savings. Are there recent studies out there on this topic?

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a slippery slope.   When 3nd floor is sealed and  temperature is close to 72-76' all year.  More sqare foot is used and costs can go up.   I have seen one person go to 8 body's after building is sealed and new HVAC systems are put in.   I put on paper 30% saving and cost went up 40% Cost per person looks good but cost per building went up 40%.    DOE-EPA - AEEE -  has a lot of studies on this 

Not sure if this really answers the question, but this study (link below) looked at what actions people took following the audit to calculate savings.

Evaluation starts on page 293

https://www.idahopower.com/pdfs/AboutUs/RatesRegulatory/Reports/60.pdf

Our projects typically lead to between $0 and $600 a year in savings...
bit.ly/ESHPCaseStudiesdev

"Paybacks" generally run between 50 and 250 years...
bit.ly/ESHPclientHPdata

Good question. I'm somewhat new to the game but I'd say if there isn't one, go directly to as many auditors as you can and see who will allow you to do an initial phone interview with recent customers.

ACEEE has done research on this topic. Look on their main website, but also in the Summer Study archives.

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Alfie Davis posted a blog post
11 hours ago
Profile IconSam Compton, Cameron Home Insulation, Seth Shoneman and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"In Kansas City a lot of "cardboard" for supply was used in slab on grade.  1950-1970…"
Friday
Richard L. Rue replied to Sonja Persram's discussion Energy Savings Guarantee for single family dwellings in cold climate??
"Try EnergyWise Structures (www.energywisestructures.com) They are a NASA spin-off company that has…"
Friday
Debra Little commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post NREL Research Finds That 22% of New Homes Completed in the U.S. in 2016 Were HERS Rated
"The avg scores are interesting. Are there comparative numbers for previous years? I thought they…"
Friday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
Friday
Robert Zockoff replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"Public water systems regularly "reline" the interior of existing 50 year old water mains…"
Friday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service