The SRA Sustainable Buildings Team is looking for an Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Home Performance with ENERGY STAR and Home Energy Score programs, as well as local Home Performance programs. Much of the work will include account management and communications related activities. The work environment is fast-paced, requires attentive responsiveness to client and stakeholder needs, and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be challenged in assisting 10-15 program sponsors, and with tracking all communications activities, keeping clients informed, and implementing successful program communications.
As part of SRA’s Sustainable Buildings Team, this position provides an opportunity to be a significant part of the solution for achieving the nation’s ongoing energy efficiency goals. This is an opportunity to increase the energy efficiency of 70-100 million homes across the country by helping in the implementation of a national home energy improvement program on a local basis, as opposed to simply performing research at the national level.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the creation of processes and procedures to assist daily functions of Home Performance program sponsors
• Manage a limited number of sponsor accounts and handle daily partnership needs
• Support communications activities, including creating materials for residential energy efficiency audiences (e.g., homeowners, non-profits, weatherization and home performance trade contractors, etc.)
• Write articles, success stories, case studies, web content, marketing content, reports, and guides to promote enhanced home performance
• Create presentations and briefing materials for federal and state senior management officials on results of home performance programs
• Participate in trade conferences and expositions, including conducting presentations and staffing program exhibit booths
• Research residential energy efficiency statistics and best practices
• Analyze market-rate and low-income residential energy efficiency program goals and successes
• Manage and present on webinars for stakeholders, energy efficiency contractors, program administrators and contractors
• Research and write papers on home energy and home performance topics
• Perform market studies and analysis related to home performance related topics and issues
• Conduct phone calls, in-field meetings, and presentations to recruit program partners.
• Bachelor’s degree (in energy; environment; communication; marketing; business administration, or other relevant field of study preferred)
• 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience (experience in communications, home performance, energy efficiency, residential buildings, and/or account management preferred)
• Experience implementing communication and marketing strategies on a local, regional, or national basis. This is to include mass communication, webinars, internet marketing, press releases, etc.
• High level of independent judgment and discretion in providing programmatic and logistical support to clients
• Competency in serving clients with diplomacy and respect
• Travel anticipated 20-25% of the time
• Understanding of and compliance with SRA’s philosophy, goals, objectives, applicable regulation, policies and procedures.
• Master’s degree
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a range of stakeholders at any level from general public to upper management including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
• Knowledge of federal and state government policies, contracts, grants, and programs a plus.
• Knowledge of residential energy efficiency/home performance industry and market issues relevant to the industry’s development and growth
• Ability to serve as both an effective team-player and to be self-motivated
• Ability to be engaging of partners and stakeholders
• Network and team building ability to facilitate cooperation among varied stakeholders
• Attention to detail, organization, and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please visit our careers site at:
and reference requisition # 38219BR for more details, and to apply.