Hi Everyone,

I've been working on a product called Ohmconnect, which allows you to sell your electricity consumption back to the grid without the need for any additional hardware.

I'd love any feedback you guys have on it, so check out our explanation video at www.ohmconnect.com/video and let me know if you have any questions.

We're early in our beta, so your feedback will have some significant impact on our direction. 

Thanks!

Curt

Tags: energy, grid, home, smart

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great post! We have XS energy that we would like to sell back to the grid, due to a recent breakthrough. In conjunction with energy expert Conroy Farnsworth, we have developed a small fusion generator capable of 1.8 Mega-joules of energy per hour. Do you think there exists a market for this energy using your device? Thank you for your reply.

Hi Tom,

I've heard of Conrad's work - I wish I could have claimed to have built a fusion reactor before graduating high school.

Our software takes advantage of demand response, in which a home can sell excess electricity capacity, back to the grid. We monitor smart meter data and pay our users for their reductions in home energy use.

In order to directly push electricity back to the grid using a generator you own, you have to work with PG&E (or your respective utility) with a program similar to this.

Hope this helps!

Our utility already offers this but in a slightly different form:
Smarthours

Windpower

I call it false advertising.  You are not producing any energy, rather shedding load during peak times.  This is nothing new and utilities, especially electric cooperatives, have had programs like this for years.  It's called voluntary load reduction and participants either receive a discounted rate or avoid demand charges.  While it is true a consumer will save money by turning off lights, that is simple common sense and a behavioral issue.  Let's call ohmconnect what it is, a scam.   

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Paul DelVaglio posted a photo
20 minutes ago
reflintorm replied to Jamie Kaye's discussion Flickering LED lights
"I think, Better to replace the dimmer switch if it is not recovered then once go through the…"
4 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
14 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
14 hours ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
16 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
16 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
16 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
17 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
18 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
18 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
18 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
18 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service