Hi everyone,

I have a National Science Foundation grant to develop and trial building science games. One of the games that my partners (The Concord Consortium) developed is ready to be tested and I would love your feedback!

Please go to: http://energy.concord.org/simbuilding/game/index.html to play the game.

When you have finished, would you add any feedback here:

http://survey.sun-associates.com/cc/f15simbldg.html

For the first two questions you can write my name and "Home Energy Pros" as the institution.

Thank you so much - I really need feedback so we can improve this.

Views: 1019

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was fun Amanda! :)

Thanks so much Diane!

Hi Amanda. Have you connected with Chad Curry at NAR about this?  He's interested in helping to test. Please PM me if you need his contact info.  He replied to HomeEnergySaversPro on Twitter when they shared this post there. Thanks.  Laura

I'd love his contact info. Thanks so much!!!

Amanda

What is your email address? I friended you so you should be able to send it to me through a Private Message. Thanks.

This looks like the same SIM as the DOE Home Energy Rating training !! Lots of fun for those Home Performance fundraiser/ raffel competitions we all love !!

Hi Amanda, this is truly serendipity. I teach a building science class at Austin Community College and forgot my lesson plans at home, but you saved the day (or class). For the assignment today, I'm having my students play this game and I asked them to make notes about bugs and opportunities for improvement. It's a great teaching tool and it segues nicely with my next lesson. I'll collect all the comments from my students and email them to you. Nicely done.

I've included all my student comments on the survey form.  My students really liked it.  It gave them a much better understanding of the real world implications of the concepts I'm lecturing.  It's a great way to start my on-site labs.  There needs to be one for how to run a blower door and duct blaster test.

So glad it could help you and your class!! And thank you for all the feedback - it's really helpful for me too!

There are typos in the master bedroom  i.e. "joining" check the text for the ones about the thermal boundary.  There was a missing Hint in the master bedroom as well.  I thought the question regarding the attic hatch in the master was a really poorly stated question.  There is an awful lot of repetition around the window and floor images / questions.

Thanks so much for this feedback. Would you also fill out the survey and add the comments there as that gets sent directly to the evaluators. Thank you!!!

Survey submitted with all comments.

I'm at the ACI Conference too.  I'll try to catch up with you.  Hope you get this before the confernce is over.  I'll be at the Austin Energy booth after lunch.

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Gregory Cisco replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"We looked into this. Quite expensive and the applicator would not make any guarantees. Looking…"
yesterday
Gregory Cisco replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"That is what I was thinking. Looking into Flo Fill. Probably using two pours - the first would…"
yesterday
Gregory Cisco posted a discussion

Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.

Our company is building a custom home in Wyoming on a site with high ground water. The client…See More
Sep 13
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
Sep 13
Gregory Cisco is now a member of Home Energy Pros
Sep 13
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
Sep 12
Building Performance Institute added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Sep 12
Sonja Persram replied to Sonja Persram's discussion Energy Savings Guarantee for single family dwellings in cold climate??
"Thanks so much, Andy. Much appreciated. Will em any questions. Best, Sonja"
Sep 11

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service