NEW BOOK! Home Performance Diagnostics: the Guide to Advanced Testing

I'm very proud to have finished this monster and made it available to my colleagues and their students!  I hope you find it an indispensable part of your library.  Here's a snippet for you:

HOME PERFORMANCE DIAGNOSTICS: the Guide to Advanced Testing

Authored by Corbett Lunsford 
Foreword by Dr. John Straube of Building Science Corporation

Featuring:

280 photos

40+ test methods

Over 30 tools demonstrated

Now at your Fingertips: How Exactly to Conduct Scientific Testing and Verification for Homes. If you're a professional in today's fast-evolving industry of high performance construction and retrofits, then you've probably found yourself wondering a few things:

• Who can show me how to run that test?
  • How do I get the most out of the equipment I own?
  • Why do the tests work, and how do I explain them?
  • What quality control methods should I use?
  • Which tools will make my job faster and easier?
With this guide, experienced and new diagnosticians alike will get step-by-step details on advanced testing, complete with:
  • Best practices, important concepts and pitfalls
  • How to present data to the client
  • Step-by-step photographs
  • Time-saving tips

Tags: Diagnostics, Home, Performance, book, bpi, efficiency, energy, home, performance, resnet

Views: 572

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry about that, Sean!  Thanks for the reminder.  The link is:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/home-performance-diagnostics-...

and the cost is $99.  Hope you enjoy!

Order your copy of the book here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/home-performance-diagnostics-...

Sorry about that.  Friday morning, we realized the CreateSpace publishing solution we were planning to use was not up to snuff- the photos looked grainy and it was just a generally low-quality printing job.  We've switched to Lulu print-on-demand now, and for those of you who are authors, I'm happy to share my experience!

Corbett,

I am expecting delivery today. I have 12 years in the home performance business so I will give it a thorough review and send a pm with my input.

Thanks, Rick!

Just got my copy of HPD yesterday and I could not put it down until I read it from cover to cover. This field manual is put together very well with a lot of information any tester can use to improve their testing skills. The text in this guide is straight forward, no nonsense and as that famous Dragnet detective would say “Just the facts ma’am.” While I already do some of the tips included in this manual, there were additional ones I will be adding to my testing proceedures.  I especially like Appendix A.04 Drilling/Patching Holes that details the ways of drilling various flues and then safely patching the drilled holes. I trust there will be more additions to this great manual as building performance testing proceedures are updated. Maybe a HPD iPad app for us geeky testers down the road?

Thanks to Corbett and his colleagues for creating this HPD guide for all the energy techs striving to test building performance safely and correctly for their customers.

Wow, that is an awesome review, Jim!  You made my day! Sorry I didn't see this for a whole year!

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
16 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
16 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
yesterday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service