We have been trying many methods to create volume in our business and have not found a good solid niche or method yet.  I am wondering if there are any Energy Pros who are doing a good volume and if they are willing to give some tips?

We have tried focused marketing on:

• Homeowners
  • Builders
  • HVAC companies (many are our competition)
  • Real Estate brokers & agents
  • Mortgage bankers

The niche that has been most profitable so far is oddly enough -the builders!  New construction here in our area is still very low but builders are looking for advantages that will set their homes apart from the old housing stock. 

I would like to find ways to create more volume... Any ideas???

Tags: advertising, marketing, selling

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim - I suspect you'll find some gems in our "Marketing Energy Efficiency" Group.

I have heard Mike Gorman speak at ACI a number of times. Many of his ideas such as speaking at the local Chamber of Commerce, Lions Club or similar groups, join local networking groups are quite 'old fashioned', but still relevant (social media roots). He has so many good ideas in his presentation that hearing him is worth the price of admission to any conference.

I think that in today's climate, creating volume will take a multi-prong approach, from creating a facebook page (get your kids involved and make them earn their allowances) to keeping an email list of clients with occasional offers for sending business your way.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Jim Gunshinan liked Tom White's discussion Home Energy Reader Survey
4 hours ago
Tom White posted a discussion

Home Energy Reader Survey

Home Energy wants to serve you better.  Please …See More
yesterday
George Matthews's event was featured

Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop at Truitt and White Lumber Conference Room

October 7, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
Building Energy Performance Testing is sponsoring the Proof is Possible Tour to come to the San…See More
yesterday
Profile IconAshley Noreuil, Fred Smith and Peter Moncada joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
George Matthews commented on George Matthews's event Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop
"Here is the flyer for the Advanced Techniques and Tools in Home Performance Friday October 7th at…"
yesterday
George Matthews posted an event

Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop at Truitt and White Lumber Conference Room

October 7, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
Building Energy Performance Testing is sponsoring the Proof is Possible Tour to come to the San…See More
yesterday
George Matthews replied to George Matthews's discussion Shortridge 8400 Flowhood for A/C airflow testing in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Here are the pics of the flowhood and airdata manometer"
Saturday
Sarah Holloway posted a photo
Friday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service