A couple of weeks ago at the ACI Conference I was afforded the opportunity to present at a Building America Expert Meeting for the discussion on Determining Air Change Rates in Envelope Leakage in Attached Dwellings.  Specifically my presentation covered the Feasibility and Futures of Infiltration Testing on Low-Rise Multifamily Housing where I was able to share how we at NRCERT have been able to audit and specifically perform infiltration testing on Low-Rise Multifamily (LRMF) housing and discuss the quantity and quality of the data we've been able to collect by doing so.

At the end of the presentation, several people in the meeting room expressed interest in reviewing a sampling of the data we can provide.  In the chance that anyone viewing on the streaming webinar at that time would like to take a look at a sampling of our data, or anyone particularly interested in the subject matter, I would like to include you in the discussion.

If you respond to this thread with your contact information, I would be happy to share this data on LRMF infiltration test results with you.

Cheers!

Chase Counts

Trainer, New River Center for Energy Research & Training (NRCERT)

ccounts@chpc2.org

www.nrcert.org

Tags: Air, Attached, Envelope, Infiltration, Leakage, Low-Rise, Multifamily

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chase,

Please share your info with me.  Thanks

Drew McDowell

This Leaky House

drewmcd@verizon.net

610-241-7792

Drew, will be in touch shortly.

Chase

Chase,

Have you been in touch with Graham Finch and his project with CMHC to colllect data like this?? If not, get in touch and I'll pass on info to feed this data where it will be very useful.

Don, yes I filled out the survey you sent me a few weeks back and left my contact information at the end but I have not heard back from Graham Finch.  I will shoot you and email shortly.

I have done a bit of multifamily testing for BA.  I'd be curious to see your data.
Daniel Bergey
daniel@buildingscience.com

Chase,

I would also like to review the data.  Thank you.

Ryan Moore

Environmental Dynamics, Inc.

Hi Ryan, I'd be happy to share the samples of information we have prepared, how can I be in touch with you?

ryan@edi-arch.com

Thanks Chase.

Chase, 

I would also be interested to take a look at your data. Thanks for sharing !

L-P Thibault

louis-philippe.thibault@mrnf.gouv.qc.ca

hi Chase,

First of all, thanks to your organization who contributed blower door data to LBNL Residential Diagnostics Database. We really appreciate it. The data we received from Bill Beachy has a hand-full of blower door measurements from multi-family homes. Iain Walker from LBNL attended your ACI presentation. He said that you presented more data. Could you share with us your work? We will soon publish our data analysis on 140,000 measurements of single-family homes. There is far few data on multi-family homes, but we hope to do some preliminary analysis on what we collected as a next step.

Thanks!

Hi Wanyu, great to hear from you. I'd be happy to share the samples of information we have prepared, how can I be in touch with you?

Chase,

You likely still have my email address, would love to see any files you may have.

As always Thanks,

Yankee Tim

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Chad Mcaulife posted photos
7 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
7 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
8 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
8 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
9 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Twitter
9 hours ago
Mark posted events
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service