A couple of weeks ago at the ACI Conference I was afforded the opportunity to present at a Building America Expert Meeting for the discussion on Determining Air Change Rates in Envelope Leakage in Attached Dwellings.  Specifically my presentation covered the Feasibility and Futures of Infiltration Testing on Low-Rise Multifamily Housing where I was able to share how we at NRCERT have been able to audit and specifically perform infiltration testing on Low-Rise Multifamily (LRMF) housing and discuss the quantity and quality of the data we've been able to collect by doing so.

At the end of the presentation, several people in the meeting room expressed interest in reviewing a sampling of the data we can provide.  In the chance that anyone viewing on the streaming webinar at that time would like to take a look at a sampling of our data, or anyone particularly interested in the subject matter, I would like to include you in the discussion.

If you respond to this thread with your contact information, I would be happy to share this data on LRMF infiltration test results with you.

Chase Counts

Trainer, New River Center for Energy Research & Training (NRCERT)

Tags: Air, Attached, Envelope, Infiltration, Leakage, Low-Rise, Multifamily

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please share your info with me.  Thanks

Drew McDowell

This Leaky House

Drew, will be in touch shortly.

Have you been in touch with Graham Finch and his project with CMHC to colllect data like this?? If not, get in touch and I'll pass on info to feed this data where it will be very useful.

Don, yes I filled out the survey you sent me a few weeks back and left my contact information at the end but I have not heard back from Graham Finch.  I will shoot you and email shortly.

I have done a bit of multifamily testing for BA.  I'd be curious to see your data.
Daniel Bergey

I would also like to review the data.  Thank you.

Ryan Moore

Environmental Dynamics, Inc.

Hi Ryan, I'd be happy to share the samples of information we have prepared, how can I be in touch with you?

Thanks Chase.

I would also be interested to take a look at your data. Thanks for sharing !

L-P Thibault

hi Chase,

First of all, thanks to your organization who contributed blower door data to LBNL Residential Diagnostics Database. We really appreciate it. The data we received from Bill Beachy has a hand-full of blower door measurements from multi-family homes. Iain Walker from LBNL attended your ACI presentation. He said that you presented more data. Could you share with us your work? We will soon publish our data analysis on 140,000 measurements of single-family homes. There is far few data on multi-family homes, but we hope to do some preliminary analysis on what we collected as a next step.

Hi Wanyu, great to hear from you. I'd be happy to share the samples of information we have prepared, how can I be in touch with you?

You likely still have my email address, would love to see any files you may have.

As always Thanks,

Yankee Tim

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Green Training USA posted a blog post

Deal or No Deal - You Name the Price

Deal or No Deal - You Name the Price Let’s have some fun in October!   Is there a training you…See More
1 hour ago
Gabrielle Rossetti posted an event

ASHRAE 62.2 Ventilation for Single-Family Dwellings at Online

October 15, 2015 at 6pm to November 27, 2015 at 7pm
1 hour ago
John Gillis joined Diane Chojnowski's group

News & Announcements

Share your news and announcements with the community in this group.See More
1 hour ago
Gabrielle Rossetti is now a member of Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Robyn Smith replied to Chris Woods's discussion Looking to purchase Minneapolis Blower door system- Model 3 with DG-700 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi Chris, I replied to you via email yesterday. I have what you are looking for!! Minneapolis…"
23 hours ago
Profile IconJohn Gillis, William C Gilbert, Brian Breckin and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
Paul Scheckel posted a blog post

Energy Ambassadors: Cuba and Vermont

Last winter i had the pleasure of hosting a Cuban colleague for a week in Vermont. We toured the…See More
Linda Wigington commented on David Eggleton's group 1000 Home Challenge
"Two more projects have recently been approved as 1000 Home CHallenge candidates. We welcome Eric…"

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service