Wondering how many of you out there are really using these new devices and see them as a vision for work related improvements? I ask because of the new FLIR imagers we offer can wi-fi conenct to the Apple products for sending images quickly and in some cases accomplishing reports in the field. I can understand the potential for large companies with many field inspectors out there, but how about those of us small 1-2 person shops? I'm a Blackberry guy so am trying to better understand the field benefits from this new opportunity. http://www.monroeinfrared.com

Views: 434

Replies to This Discussion

I reviewed the thread of this discussion and have done many of the same things using my iPad during field audits.  From using the Total app to sketch homes, to creating airflow calcs in excel and uploading to google docs for cloud computing and entry, to taking IR photos.  So far, the problem is getting all this data transfered to my computer in order to do energy modeling and create reports from the data.  Until about 3 months ago...

1 app now solves all these issues.  It is called LogMeIn.  It connects my iPad to my home networked computer.  Now I do field audits and enter data straight into my computer.  I can run all my PC applications which means that I can provide reports to my homeowners as soon as my audit is complete!

Very Powerful and worth the $35 cost.  ROI was 1 week due to saved fuel from not having to return to customers' homes to provide findings and report.

Great info to share and appreciate your comments. I will be checking into that LogMein program as soon as I can.

Are you currently using a a digital camera or Thermal Imager for your reports and if so, how is the interface when uploading images into the program? We all know that the faster we can generate the reports after the field inspection work is accomplished, the easier it is on our stress level and focus for getting on with the next audit.

I think if you're going to multiple applications, like excel, word, to a sketching app, you would find real value in Hancock's HEAT.  It's energy audit tool does all of the things discussed above in one place. You can print an energy savings report for the home owner right at the site, model the  home, take photos, and the list goes on...  It is slick, but at the same time, easy to use.  Sign up for the free trial: http://www.hancocksoftware.com/heat-appstore/

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"The landlords don't want the improvements done even if they don't have to pay for it?…"
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Hi Bob, The tenants all say they cant do anything to the building.  We would get referred…"
15 hours ago
Tom White commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"Ben's Kickstarter documentary, The Future of Housing, was fully funded. The grand premiere…"
23 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?"
yesterday
peter chang's discussion was featured

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
yesterday
Tom White posted a video

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers ... (Filmed at TEDxPugetSound.)
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a photo
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service