http://www.atlassales.com/products/heati...2oach1211/

Go to the section near the bottom for stats on Heat Pump design.

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about a better, easier to use link?

I received a "page not found" error" and then a page with hundreds of links, like a table of contents

I can't change that Curt but if you click on the section for Heat Pumps it will have what I count as a good design for Office conditions.

OK, a  portable 1 ton heat pump AC. That's nice, but what's your point?

I imagine that puppy is fairly noisy, and unlikely to be anywhere near as efficient as a fixed system; certainly not a permanent solution.

Why are you posting it here? Is this a backhanded way of advertising your wares? That would seem to abuse the purpose of this site.

No Curt it is to solve a big problem that does occur on the top floors of Commercial buildings being too hot or too cold. I do not endorse or make money of any of these products. Most HVAC systems are combined on a roof and that creates a problem also. I am not here to argue with any individuals and only want to point out solutions.

Fair enough

The big issue I see with this unit is where to exhaust the condenser discharge. Most commercial buildings don't have operable windows.

If the space above the ceiling tile is used as a common return then the condenser will work fine

Dale,

Do you propose to exhaust portable air conditioners' rejected heat (hot air) into the volume above a typical office drop ceiling?

only if its being used as a return air cavity (very common)

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
15 hours ago
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
15 hours ago
HomeWiz posted photos
16 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
16 hours ago
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
18 hours ago
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
18 hours ago
Joshua Fletcher posted a blog post

Are low-E glass windows good to install on desert homes?

Energy Efficient Windows That Lower Energy BillsThe technology used in windows continues to deliver…See More
18 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"We are taking people off of natural gas. It is making sense financially, and has unpriced health,…"
19 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service