Tags: BPI, Everblue, Larry, Zarker

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find it amusing that BPI, Denby, Everclear etc all seem to think assessments need not

spend anytime in assessing the role of lighting in kW consumption. As I recall none make

much of the role of energy efficient lighting - either with or without lighting controls.

Collectively they seem to cover the topic by suggesting the use of inferior fluorscent products.

Not a single one of these "dubious Energy efficiency experts" can or will address the role of

solid state lighting. If they could I would be less critical - but they don't seem to get around to

advocating performance of a lighting audit being done as a subset of the "energy audit".

While I welcome any effort made by folks to define  & fix energy ineffiecencies, these Energy Auditing

certification parties do a partial job , they don't enhance a home energy raters acumen regarding LED use,

they typically don't  teach auditors about how to discern quality between luminiare makers. 

They remind me of Ron Hopkins teaching hospital where new doctors are taught to take care of any

medical problem occurring on a persons left side - and nothing more, that's what these certifying concerns remind me of-

Me I would want a doc who attended John Hopkins where they receive an education that doesn't have crazy,

prepostorus limits.I would also expect my mechanic not to exclude diagnosis of problems with because he doesnt

feel like looking at the engine. By not providing facts about energy efficient lighting and it's role in energy reduction these certifying bodies lose what credibility they had. 

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconSharon DeRidder, Jason Hiep, Chris Chmiel and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
42 minutes ago
John Watson Ley replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"Luis, Good Evening, John of NY Construction Pros here. I don't think you need to worry about…"
12 hours ago
Mike Kandel added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

BPI Introduces IDL Certification for Duct and Envelope Tightness Testing Verification

Expand your knowledge, expertise and opportunity with BPI's BRAND NEW Infiltration and Duct Leakage…See More
17 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted a discussion

BPI Introduces IDL Certification for Duct and Envelope Tightness Testing Verification

Expand your knowledge, expertise and opportunity with BPI's BRAND NEW Infiltration and Duct Leakage…See More
17 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Tom, I would like to see that article. Where is it? And what kind of radiant barrier could cost so…"
20 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
""On a RESNET discussion some insulation experts agreed that insulation will not prevent hot…"
20 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured
yesterday
Adam Swain's blog post was featured

Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas

With winter right around the corner, many of us start looking at various ways to reduce heat loss…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service