Having recently certified for V.3 Energystar and I am now needing to aquire humidity, temperature, and flow equipment. Any thoughts from other professionals.

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which spec did I miss in the class that requires this? Are you looking for reliable equipment, vendors, are preferred brands, or...
Types and preferred brands. I am fairly new in the field in Alabama

For humidity & temperature I already have that on my moisture meter by Testo, but if you are looking for an anemometer, Kestrel, Vane, Extech, Testo and Fluke are well known brands - the main thing is to read the specs & make sure they meet their needs. I would recommend one that does data logging and has the vane attachment which is one method for measuring air-flow

For flow equipment are you talking about Duct Testers, Blower Doors or a Balometer?

Duct & Blower doors - there are two main choices, Retrotec & Minneapolis. Personally they are both great products, but Retrotec met my needs better.

Balometer - sorry I can't help you on that one but if you shoot me an email or call me - I can get you the number to my supplier who can actually answer the pros & cons on those systems

Have Minneapolis BD & DB. The anemometer is the main item. Thanks for the names. I want what I will need but not bells and whistle that I don't. Thanks again.
Do not lease it from Pawnee leasing. Try to find equipment from a contractor getting out of the business.
thanks
Agree that equipment from someone quitting business is a good choice. There are regular auctions on eBay for the stuff you need, much of it rarely used.
Thanks much

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
15 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted photos
Saturday
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service