Great post in GreenBiz this morning about EE and how Americans haven't gotten on board with serious measures at home.  Home energy audits are compared to colonoscopy.  I had to laugh and wanted to share it with everyone.

http://bit.ly/uCjpNJ

Have a great day!

Melissa

Tags: audits, efficiency, energy, home

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like nothing more than to see our tax dollars used in our own country to reduce our energy use instead of living like pigs and spending them in wars to secure more resources. The Weatherization Assistance program that I am involve with has been berated as a wastefull "entitlement" program that is inefficient, etc, etc.

I am totally ready to educate higher income home owners and move our organization in this direction. I feel the pain. These potential clients need a strong education on saving to investment ratios. Sadly, this will not be a bother to anyone until fuel prices surge. See Europe etc.

People will wise up. They will have no choice soon. Educate and wait.

Yeah, I think there's no energy security like having homes and commercial buildings that are energy-wise so we can import less foreign petroleum.  And have less of a need to drill and mine here at home.

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Rcc sprayed onm the entire undercarriage of a single wide mobile home.  Aldo sprayed on the…"
6 hours ago
Profile IconMarc and Darren Clayton joined Home Energy Pros
12 hours ago
Tom White posted a video
17 hours ago
Darren Clayton posted a status
"I like having a place where I can learn & refer the public to if I don't have the answer !"
18 hours ago
Tom DelConte replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Google it"
19 hours ago
Benjamin Gromicko's 2 events were featured
21 hours ago
Energy Center University posted an event

Better Buildings: Better Business Conferences at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center and Kalahari Resort and Convention Center

February 26, 2015 to March 13, 2015
Better Buildings: Better Business ConferencesFebruary 26−27, 2015 │ Rosemont, ILMarch 11−13, 2015 │…See More
yesterday
Kris Grube added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Good Energy Retrofit, Portland, Or. Hiring Home Performance Salesperson.

Good Energy Retrofit is a small and focused, woman owned and operated, specialty residential…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service