Great post in GreenBiz this morning about EE and how Americans haven't gotten on board with serious measures at home.  Home energy audits are compared to colonoscopy.  I had to laugh and wanted to share it with everyone.

http://bit.ly/uCjpNJ

Have a great day!

Melissa

Tags: audits, efficiency, energy, home

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like nothing more than to see our tax dollars used in our own country to reduce our energy use instead of living like pigs and spending them in wars to secure more resources. The Weatherization Assistance program that I am involve with has been berated as a wastefull "entitlement" program that is inefficient, etc, etc.

I am totally ready to educate higher income home owners and move our organization in this direction. I feel the pain. These potential clients need a strong education on saving to investment ratios. Sadly, this will not be a bother to anyone until fuel prices surge. See Europe etc.

People will wise up. They will have no choice soon. Educate and wait.

Yeah, I think there's no energy security like having homes and commercial buildings that are energy-wise so we can import less foreign petroleum.  And have less of a need to drill and mine here at home.

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWes Anderson, Jean-Paul and Bryan joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Dennis Heidner commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting
"Dale, good write up. For the landscaping bulbs,  if they had been T3 12V wedge bulbs,  I…"
Friday
Brett Little commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"It's very true! So many people and contractors have tons of insulated attics but no air seal…"
Thursday
Chris Leach replied to Richard Beyer's discussion "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"
"The problems will surface soon enough . Why don't we take a second look at this over rated…"
Thursday
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thursday
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?
"Want to spot a simpleton? It's a guy who thinks EE and comfort are disconnected.  Want…"
Thursday
tedkidd commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"Nice post Tom! I really like how he puts that. Leveraging interests so they can optimize…"
Thursday
Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
Thursday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service