We have just completed a translation of our Duct Testing Quick guide in Spanish. 

More translation are on their way.  You can find the attachment below.

Has anyone seen any other Blower door or duct testing translations out there ?

QG150-DucTester%20Q32%20%28Spanish%29.pdf

Tags: Duct, testing

Views: 151

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great reference! Thanks for sharing. There is also an english/ spanish guide to duct sealing available at http://www.systemvision.org/
Thanks!

I have reviewed your translation of the Duct Testing Quick guide in Spanish. I am doing this as part of a large translation project for a client in your industry. My apologies for being blunt, but the translation is peppered with wrong terms, clunky phrases and incomplete grammar. A rewrite is recommended.

On the other hand, publishing a translation for an industry that lacks sufficient training materials in Spanish is a big, positive step. All translation is perfectible. Please consider having a professional technical translator have a go at your document to improve it. 

Thank you.

Hi Mario,

I appreciate your feedback, and your point is duly noted. We have been working with a few Universities in Chile, who have Energy Efficiency programs and it seems there are some terms that more difficult to translate.  As we do not sell any of these materials and make them available for free for testers, our budget is limited.  If you have suggestions on how to improve it, or know of someone who would be able to help us please let me know.

Thanks,

Silvie

Dear Silvie,

It's not so much the terminology but the writing that is awkward. Perhaps you could use a good writer (a native Spanish speaker, educated in a Latin American college) to edit the writing and make it more natural. Terminology is always secondary to good writing.

On my part, I can offer assistance with more standard terminology. Perhaps we can join forces.

Regards,

Mario

Mario,

I fear that perhaps what we had asked to be translated is awkward, which may have hindered it's ability to be translated properly. We enlisted one of our new empoyees who is from Mexico, University educated, so I wonder what we are missing.

We do want to produce more of our help guides in Spanish, so I would love to get your input on how we can improve.

My email is silvie@retrotec.com, (604) 732-0142

Send me a quick email with your contact details and we can discuss further.  Thanks again for your comments.

Silvie

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thanks Chie! We have this event in our calender."
7 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Alice; I tried sending you an e-mail but the message bounced. Can you kindly verify your e-mail…"
7 hours ago
Chie Kawahara replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, Thousand Home Challenge is a wonderful forum and the resource collection is…"
7 hours ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, While it's true I did some of the finish work myself, I also acted as my own…"
10 hours ago
"Thank you Linda for your response; and your generosity in sharing your suggestion and hope. I…"
10 hours ago
"Wow...thank you so much for your response Alice! I really appreciate it. It is simply amazing all…"
10 hours ago
Tom White's 3 videos were featured
10 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
10 hours ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
10 hours ago
Tom White posted videos
10 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
11 hours ago
Sharon Block posted events
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service