Wondering if anyone has any feedback on the combustion analyzers that have integrated pressure measurements. I am getting ready to move to two crews and do not want to buy a separate manometer as we may be doing combustion tests separately from the job date.

I am looking at the TPI 708 for $336 at professional equipment

Thanks!

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just looked at the specs. What I couldn't determine was the draft measure increment. Here's what I do know about the Bacharach and Testo Analyzers. They round to the nearest pascal for draft. As we in NY use the BPI protocols, this can lead to a false positive. In other words you calculate that minimum draft for the outside temperature is -1.9 pascals, the combustion analyzer may measure the draft at -1.6 and ROUND DOWN to -2 pascals. I have seen this happen.

I understand the expense of purchasing more equipment, I see your supplier has a couple of manometers for under $200, I'm not familiar with them, but they may be worth taking a look at. Manometers

The other option with I have not experimented with is using the combustion analyzer and testing draft in I.W.C. and then converting to pascals.

I have a Testo and Bacharach  that reads in Inch of water.   Its ok to poor but not as use-full as  you think.    I like to make 2 holes in the flue and use one with a high end manometer and other flue gas  02, CO2,  temp, O.    To read draft I must change screens + turn off then back on and that takes time- or does not happen at right time.  The draft changes with flue temp and how cold the outside is and presser of the furnace/boiler room.  I like to see when starts to draft up the flue.   I like to see a High end low level  CO ( carbon monoxide meter ) with each teck artisan and just put on tool box.   Last boiler I worked on was putting out 2000 PPM CO and the meter was to slow to pick high numbers.  99% of HVAC teck artisan use inch water not pascals.  My use of a hand held CO meter helps me keeping save.    You can use a cheap draft gauge better than meter with draft gauge 

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Colin Genge commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Pressurize the house to +25 Pa. Use smoke on the registers to identify leakage to outdoors then use…"
14 hours ago
Tim Reynolds replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I was wondering if you would sell the pressure pan by itself and for how much? Thanks -Tim"
23 hours ago
Profile IconTim Reynolds and angela hines joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
23 hours ago
Profile IconAllen Rathey, Kevin Love, Shannon Kahl and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
23 hours ago
angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"What is the price for them together? What is the price just for the blower door set?"
yesterday
Alan Gindt replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Yes"
yesterday
Anna Jursik's blog post was featured
yesterday
Everblue posted a status
"New Energy Auditor Jobs posted on our Massachusetts Job Board! Check them out: http://www.everblue.edu/hiring/job-board/massachusetts"
yesterday
Everblue posted events
yesterday
angela hines replied to Brooke Ingram's discussion 3 full sets of testing equipment available for sale! in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi is the Minneapolis blower door set still available?"
yesterday
angela hines replied to David Allen's discussion Like new! Great Deal! Minneapolis Blower Door system, Duct Blaster and Flir i-7 Infrared Camera for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I am interested in the blower door and camera. Are they still available? If so i will buy. Please…"
yesterday
angela hines replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door, Pressure Pan, and Bacharach CO 3 For Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is this still for sale? I am interested and would want to buy."
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service