BPI's "Delta Standard" Published as American National Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-2400-S-2012: Standard Practice for the Standardized Qualification of Whole-House Energy Savings Predictions by Calibration to Energy Use History, also known as the "Delta Standard," has been published as an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.

Click here to continue reading.

Tags: ANSI, BPI, BPI-2400, Published, Stanard

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a bit confusing

Nobody does hand calculations that I know of. We enter data into a program and get our results.

If BPI is getting involved they should give an approved software list.

How is the layman supposed to know and check the accuracy of their energy software?

This looks like a push for a National Standard which is a good thing. But we still have 50 states that many have their own rules.

I know as I reside in the Republic Of California

Hi Glen,

I have pointed north many times as Canada uses one line of software (or at least used to) so that all results can be compared to others.  Stateside,this has been left to free enterprise with less than workable results.  As you are saying, how can we build to a national set of standards with hundreds of different tools and many focused of regional variations.  Florida has its abundant sunshine and hurricanes (Energy Gauge) while Alaska has snow and permafrost (Akwarm).  We won't talk about Ca.  I hate to think that this winding path was intentional to create more jobs, but it has and at the expense of increased energy reductions, which is what I started out believing this was all about.

Woe-is-me

Bud

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Morin's blog post was featured

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
7 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
7 hours ago
Profile IconDan Liska and Rob Moreno joined Home Energy Pros
7 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
10 hours ago
Kim Tanner commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Follow The Energy Conservatory on Twitter! We'll follow…"
13 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet!See More
13 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, First step is to understand where you are in terms of energy costs.  If current…"
16 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju posted a discussion

Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

We have a small 1940s single level house (1005sqf) in Berkeley, California that is in need of a…See More
23 hours ago
Christopher Morin posted a blog post

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
yesterday
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"In August 2014, in Minnesota, there's another unprecedented opportunity to meet and mix with a…"
yesterday
Glen Gallo commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Nate, RE: Duct test On my own home and a rental I have tested more than once over the last many…"
yesterday
Profile Iconangela hines and Charles Goldman joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service