I received this e mail today and i have an Oil Boiler in my home, so I was concerned about it. 

New%20EPA%20Small%20Boiler%20Mandate%20%20Jan%20%E2%80%9914%20Filin...

i researched it at EPA, and found this page

http://www.epa.gov/boilercompliance/ 

The initial mail says 'all small boilers using oil, boimass, and coal'.... the EPA site specifically excludes residential 1-4 family buildings from the rule and further says boilers over 1.6 million BTU only. 

I consider myself somewhat more up to date on this kind of thing, and yet I was almost ready to buy into the conference and recording mentioned in the mail.  EPA doesn't have a way for me to report this,at least not one I can find. 

I don't know if anyone on this service has encountered this or not, but it may be worth knowing and letting your customers know about it. 

Tags: biomass, boilers, coal, epa, oil

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be a pretty large house to use 1.6 million BTU/hour.  Or a very large hot tub!

As for webex / conferences on the compliance... EPA generally offers free classes that you can sign up for that cover such areas.  No need for the training - unless you want the certificate for a record of any continuing education requirements that you might need.

RSS

Forum Discussions

Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.

Started by Brent Shapiro in General Forum. Last reply by John Nicholas 11 hours ago. 6 Replies

Earn 2 BPI CEUs by Blogging for BPI

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki in General Forum on Monday. 0 Replies

What made this chimney fall down?

Started by Eric Kjelshus in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus Jun 15. 5 Replies

Studies on Home Energy Audit Energy Savings Potential?

Started by Julie Saporito in General Forum. Last reply by Danielle Sass Byrnett Jun 15. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

John Nicholas replied to Brent Shapiro's discussion Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.
"Check out the DHW unit.  What temperature is the water entering and leaving the unit?…"
11 hours ago
Brent Shapiro replied to Brent Shapiro's discussion Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.
"With regard to the outside lighting - zero outside lighting, in fact the lighting in the basement…"
13 hours ago
Green ID posted blog posts
14 hours ago
Rob Buchanan posted a discussion

Building envelope and mechanical interactive effects

Good afternoon everyone,I was reviewing some of the old BPI newsletters and noticed a…See More
17 hours ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service